PDA

View Full Version : What do you put on your Chipotle Burrito?

johnnybeef
07-29-2005, 03:46 AM
Mine is a chicken burrito with pinto beans, medium (the corn is the bomb) and hot salsas, sour cream, cheese, lettuce and guacamole (well worth the extra 1.50 imo).

mantasm
07-29-2005, 03:56 AM
I don't go to chipotle anymore, but at freebird's I get refried beans with white cheese, white meat chicken, with hot sauce and barbecue sauce, white onions, pico, sour cream and lettuce. On whatever color of tortilla i feel like that day.

Maulik
07-29-2005, 09:18 AM
chicken fajita

salsa, medium sauce, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, gacuamole

unlucky513
07-29-2005, 09:30 AM
pinto beans, chicken, mild salsa (i'm a puss), lettuce, sour cream, cheese, guac

next time i go to chipotle i'm gonna ask them to mix all the ingredients up before they wrap up the burrito. i think that would greatly improve my burrito eating experience.

W. Deranged
07-29-2005, 09:53 AM
This is a very apropos thread:

My cubical mate today is undertaking the "Chipotle Challenge": trying to down two fully loaded Chipotle burritos (one steak, one chicken) in 30 minutes.

What kind of line do you think is reasonable here?

-Will

SL__72
07-29-2005, 10:09 AM
Chipotle:

Carnitas fajita, w/ rice/cheese/corn/hot/sour cream and some green tobasco sauce.

Altho I definately prefer Burrito Loco, a local bar/chipotle ripoff.

There i have rice shredded pork, black beans, fajita mix stuff, BBQ sauce, cheese, medium sauce, corn salsa, seasoned sour cream and cilantro.

swede123
07-29-2005, 10:16 AM
Steak Fajita. Green Chili, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, lettuce.

Swede

JustToast
07-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Damn i miss chipotle.

/Moved Back To Canada

mason55
07-29-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

My cubical mate today is undertaking the "Chipotle Challenge": trying to down two fully loaded Chipotle burritos (one steak, one chicken) in 30 minutes.

-Will

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to train for the Chipotle challenge, most people can't just go do it. I used to eat Chipotle every day back when I was in high school and could do it. Even if you train, it gets ugly by the end.

In response to OP I get Steak, extra rice, no bean, corn salsa and hot salsa, cheese, lettuce, and sour cream. Sometimes carnitas, never chicken.

swede123
07-29-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Will

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to train for the Chipotle challenge, most people can't just go do it. I used to eat Chipotle every day back when I was in high school and could do it. Even if you train, it gets ugly by the end.

In response to OP I get Steak, extra rice, no bean, corn salsa and hot salsa, cheese, lettuce, and sour cream. Sometimes carnitas, never chicken.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't believe this. It seems to me that anyone used to larger than average calorie intake and who hasn't just eaten a large breakfast or whatever could do this. Sure, it would be a bit of a strain towards the end of #2, but having to train for it? Pfft. Then again, I am pretty much speaking out of my ass, since I've never done it. Several times, however, I've finished my wife's half burrito after eating my own. This isn't even a stretch so I doubt another half would be that tough.

Swede

coffeecrazy1
07-29-2005, 10:36 AM
In Texas, we have a burrito place that is called Freebird's World Burrito, which certainly predates Chipotle in Texas, and almost certainly predates it entirely. There's no way to quantify exactly how different the two are, but in my opinion, Freebird's blows Chipotle out of the water.

SO...when I go to Freebird's, I get beef, steak, jack cheese, Spanish rice, and lettuce on my burrito.

Can any other Texans and/or folks who've been to Freebird's back me up on this, please?

mason55
07-29-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't believe this. It seems to me that anyone used to larger than average calorie intake and who hasn't just eaten a large breakfast or whatever could do this. Sure, it would be a bit of a strain towards the end of #2, but having to train for it? Pfft. Then again, I am pretty much speaking out of my ass, since I've never done it. Several times, however, I've finished my wife's half burrito after eating my own. This isn't even a stretch so I doubt another half would be that tough.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't be larger than average calorie intake, it would be larger than average food intake. If you normally eat huge meals, whether your fat or just have a crazy metabolism, then you would obviously fall outside of "most people." All I'm saying is that I know a lot of people that can't finish one burrito there.

Does this have anything to do with the competitive eating stuff on ESPN last night?

mason55
07-29-2005, 10:38 AM
Since this is turning into a burrito recommendation thread, I'm going to toss out San Loco in NYC. That ish is awesome, the one with guac between two tortillas or whatever it is. I've only been there a couple times but man was it good.

danzasmack
07-29-2005, 10:47 AM
great. Now i have to get chipotle for lunch.

chicken/black beans/lettuce/cheese/corn salsa/pico de gallo/sour cream

And 2 coronas. And a nap. And im spent.

rollingdirty
07-29-2005, 10:52 AM

SL__72
07-29-2005, 11:03 AM
It doesn't sound very difficult at all... 30 minutes? If it was like 5 minutes I could see it being a bit of a rush, but other then not feeling great afterwards, eating 2 in 30 minutes would be easy...

somethingstupid
07-30-2005, 02:52 AM
I've never had it

Slim Pickens
07-30-2005, 03:22 AM
You people and your low-class burritos...

ILL34GL3
07-30-2005, 03:31 AM
Chipotle makes the gayest burritos ever.

07-30-2005, 03:40 AM
My burritos at Chipotle:

Carnitas with green salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, black beans, and rice...and yes, I ask them to mix it up.
Barbacoa with black beans, rice, cheese, sour cream, hot salsa, and guac

As for the comment about no good burritos in Seattle, have you ever been to Gordito's, on Greenwood and 85th...best burritos I've ever had, plus the grande is about 2.5x Chipotle's, and for the same price.

pokerdirty
07-30-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Chipotle makes the gayest burritos ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

JaBlue
07-30-2005, 03:44 AM
seriously everyone shut up with this chipotle nonsense.

I don't know where there's a chipotle near me (SF) and I don't want to know. I will take my taqueria express and el super burrito any day over your crap. Real mexican establishments (Chipotle sounds very american(gay)-ized) make much better stuff. remember that.

Slim Pickens
07-30-2005, 03:57 AM
You live in SF. There's no need to even care what Chipotle is. There are more good burritos within 2 blocks of the 24th street BART station than in all the Chipotle chain stores in the world.

Edge34
07-30-2005, 04:08 AM
Its a shame that every one of these threads eventually turns into a few morans bitching about how crappy they think Chipotle is and how stupid people who eat there are, just because they are lucky enough to have a "real" burrito place around there.

For all those burrito "snobs", shut it. Where I am in Minnesota, for example, there's no way to get anything close to the level of goodness Chipotle offers without going to a sit-down restaurant and taking forever.

Chicken or steak fajita
Rice
Corn
Medium salsa
Sour cream
Cheese

/images/graemlins/grin.gif I really need to lay off these things though....

okayplayer
07-30-2005, 07:56 PM
Chipotle is horrible

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-30-2005, 07:59 PM
I just went today for the first time in years.

I ran the following and it was delicious:

rice
fajita veggies
corn salsa
black beans
cheese
guac

I also put some of that green tobasco sauce on it.

I've had better slightly better from other places, but it's very close.

-Craig

Edge34
07-30-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chipotle is horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, thanks for your [censored] opinion. Well written, informative, and not at all a worthless repeat of what many other morans decided they were bent to reply to every Chipotle thread with.

Oh yeah, and you're wrong.

RubberDucky
07-30-2005, 10:23 PM
i've heard of chipotle but never been there myself and don't think there is one close to me.

okayplayer
07-30-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chipotle is horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, thanks for your [censored] opinion. Well written, informative, and not at all a worthless repeat of what many other morans decided they were bent to reply to every Chipotle thread with.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, as I was reading your reply, I was thinking, "this guy must be from the midwest or something", and I see your loc. Anyways, if you're ever in Cali, I'll show you some good mexican food.

As far as Chipotle goes... I ate there once to 'try it', and found it ridiculous that I had to pay an extra $1.50 or however much it was for guac and sour cream (the burrito was already overpriced). The meat was dry and tough, and the whole burrito lacked flavor. The salsas were not very good either. Oh, and did you know that this is a McDonald's run restaurant?

johnnybeef
07-30-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i've heard of chipotle but never been there myself and don't think there is one close to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you really are in hell

Edge34
07-30-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Chipotle is horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, as I was reading your reply, I was thinking, "this guy must be from the midwest or something", and I see your loc. Anyways, if you're ever in Cali, I'll show you some good mexican food.

As far as Chipotle goes... I ate there once to 'try it', and found it ridiculous that I had to pay an extra $1.50 or however much it was for guac and sour cream (the burrito was already overpriced). The meat was dry and tough, and the whole burrito lacked flavor. The salsas were not very good either. Oh, and did you know that this is a McDonald's run restaurant?

[/ QUOTE ]

See, I think I mentioned earlier, a lot of people don't have that instant access to stuff that's going to be better than Chipotle. For those of us in that situation, Chipotle is pretty damned good.

If you had a bad burrito there, I would tend to believe you got one of the minority, as most of the time the food is done incredibly well there.

I came off like I did because, if you've read any of these Chipotle threads, there's always a bunch of burrito snobbery by people who like to act like they're "above" this restaurant, and that anybody who likes it has something wrong with them.

Yeah, I know its a McDonald's owned place. Tell me how this makes a difference (unless its because Chipotle's revenue helps McDonald's, a very mediocre company).

kasey2004
07-30-2005, 11:19 PM
Hm... North Dakota must be sheltered of what u call "Chipotle."

Will someone inform me exactly what it is ? fast food mexican ? is it a nationwide chain ?

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Edge34
07-30-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Will someone inform me exactly what it is ? fast food mexican ? is it a nationwide chain ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it impossible to believe Forks doesn't have one...

If you ever saw the Osbournes "reality" show on MTV, they're the ridiculously huge burritos Ozzy was addicted to. They're a rather high-quality (for those outside of areas apparently in the West and Northeast) fast-food place, owned by McDonald's...all they do is burritos, basically.

www.chipotle.com (http://www.chipotle.com)

Quercus
07-30-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its fast Mexican. It started in Denver by a guy out of culinary school. He opened a couple of dozen in Denver before being bought out by McDonalds.

Its good stuff - 5 minutes, $5, and a pound of food that's not that far from healthy.

Edge34
07-30-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its fast Mexican. It started in Denver by a guy out of culinary school. He opened a couple of dozen in Denver before being bought out by McDonalds.

Its good stuff - 5 minutes, $5, and a pound of food that's not that far from healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't mind getting 1400 calories from one burrito. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kasey2004
07-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Ok, thanks for the info, ya none in Grand Forks, I dont think there is any in Fargo either.

Edge34
07-30-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, thanks for the info, ya none in Grand Forks, I dont think there is any in Fargo either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is, in retrospect, just another reason I left Concordia (in Moorhead, true) after just one semester...

EDIT TO ADD: semi-hijack, SCSU owns. Sorry. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

kasey2004
07-30-2005, 11:53 PM
Well UND itself is a decent place its like its own little city, but Grand Forks sucks in general.

Thats funny there is 30 Chipotles in/around Minneapolis and zero in all of North Dakota.

Edge34
07-30-2005, 11:56 PM
I've been up to UND a few times, both of my girlfriend's sisters are headed up there...and they went to HS in St. Cloud. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

If you ever happen to find yourself in the Cities, you would do well to try out Chipotle, it really is quite good. Like I said, those out in Cali and a lot of guys in the Northeast are spoiled by local places.

RubberDucky
07-30-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unless I'm that sheltered(good possibility) there isn't one in the F/M area

Roybert
07-31-2005, 12:07 AM
This is a cute thread and all but I live in San Diego, and here, Chipotle is the place you go to when you lose the bet. Enjoy your Chipotle, chum(p)s. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[Edit] I just read the rest of the responses. Dammit. Sorry for being one of the elitest burrito buttholes.

Ogre
07-31-2005, 03:27 AM
-Chicken or beef burrito (depends on what i feel like and whether the beef looks dry or not)
-Minimal rice-(Rice my least favorite ingredient and getting less prevents the torttia from busting open as often)
-Both beans
-Hot sauce (small amount so you get the taste but doesnt over power the burrito, I like it much more then the other salsas because it blends with the rice/beans to make them taste better)
Sour cream (tons)
Cheese (alot)

I get water and chips and guac most of the time too.

Stellastarr
07-31-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a cute thread and all but I live in San Diego, and here, Chipotle is the place you go to when you lose the bet. Enjoy your Chipotle, chum(p)s. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[Edit] I just read the rest of the responses. Dammit. Sorry for being one of the elitest burrito buttholes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... California does have alot of mexicans. So i guess there are more choices for Mexican food.