PDA

View Full Version : More hands in series... 5/10 against same opponent...

AZK
07-29-2005, 03:02 AM
5/10 Prima against villain from my previous string of hands in yesterday's thread...

I open UTG for 40 with TT and get 3 callers including VeryFishy who calls out of the BB.

Flop comes 974 twotone

I bet 160 (pot), everyone folds to Fishy who check-raises all in for 1000. WTF? I think and muck.

A few hands later. Fishy raises 1 limper to 50 and I call with KK.

Flop Q42 (2 clubs)

Fishy leads for 150, I call, limper calls.

Turn T

Checked to me, I bet 350, limper folds, fishy calls.

River 6c

Fishy open pushes for 800, I call.

He bet all in so quick it was almost like he didn't care about the river card...

Rotating Rabbit
07-29-2005, 08:23 AM
ur the expert on this guy but dont you think it looks like he totally expects you to call on the river in hand 2?

durron597
07-29-2005, 08:41 AM
In both hands do you have the T of twotone or the K/images/graemlins/club.gif?

Hand 1 is a fold I put him on exactly 97.

Hand 2, on the turn the pot is $600 and you bet $350, giving him odds to draw clubs if he has them. Plus he raised preflop so his flop lead really gives you no information about whether he has clubs. Do you think he would push the river with a busted draw? You haven't exactly shown strength here, you've done nothing to protect your hand, he might just be expecting you to fold the river not expecting KK here, so he would push even if the clubs didn't get there, but given your history with him I don't think he was planning to auto push even if a club draw didn't get there. So I think I rule out clubs. All that said, I don't like the turn bet size. I think you'd get more information about whether he has clubs if you charged him to draw.

But if he doesn't have clubs, what does he have? He raised preflop, so he's pretty much going to lead the flop with almost anything. On the turn, he check-calls. That's almost always weakness or massive strength. But with the quick river bet, I put him on QQ or TT.

cero_z
07-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Hi AZK,

Hand 1 I'd play just like you, pretty much. Easy muck. He may have a straight + flush draw, or he may have you beaten. You're either a coinflip or way behind (very unlikely you're way ahead).

Hand 2 is good so far, and I call the river. He's seen you make that turn bet with air before, and you've just about completely concealed how strong you are, so he might actually have practically nothing. Even without all the subtext between you guys, he could play AA or AQ this way, and you're ahead 2:1 in that scenario.