PDA

View Full Version : A couple hand questions for the experts.

07-29-2005, 02:52 AM
First situation: 10/1 Heads Up (chip counts are approximate)

SB Villian: 4500
BB Hero: 3500

Blinds: 300/600

Hero holds: 2-2

Villian raises t1800

Fold or push it in?

Second situation: 10/1 four players left.

UTG Hero: 1,000
Button Player 1: 2,000
SB Player 2: 3,500
BB Villian: 1,500

Blinds: 150/300

Hero holds: 10-10

Would seem to be to be an obvious push. But several times in a row now I've placed fourth because I'm called with two overcards and get rivered.

In the situation above, I went all-in, BB called with A-Q and river: A.

Then I think back and what if I just 2BB raised then would BB go over the top? Probably then I'd be in the same situation but it hurts so much to see the flop come rags and I probably could have got him off the hand, maybe.

I dunno, just annoying to see it happen a few times in a row, especially for fourth!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DasLeben
07-29-2005, 02:57 AM
You're really overanalyzing with your comments below the hands. These are both clear pushes, IMO.

[ QUOTE ]

Would seem to be to be an obvious push. But several times in a row now I've placed fourth because I'm called with two overcards and get rivered.

[/ QUOTE ]

This attitude is so terrible, I can't even believe it. Stop this attitude immediately, before you even play one more SNG. Read Irieguy's recent thread on running bad. It should still be on page 1 by the time you read this.

07-29-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're really overanalyzing with your comments below the hands. These are both clear pushes, IMO.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This attitude is so terrible, I can't even believe it. Stop this attitude immediately, before you even play one more SNG. Read Irieguy's recent thread on running bad. It should still be on page 1 by the time you read this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I know I know. I agree.

07-29-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then I think back and what if I just 2BB raised then would BB go over the top? Probably then I'd be in the same situation but it hurts so much to see the flop come rags and I probably could have got him off the hand, maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what if the flop came 4 7 J? You would be in trouble if he pushed.

If you can't push 10s preflop in this situation, then you are on tilt and should stop playing for a few days until you feel you can. And not only that, but you should KNOW why you push this. Most of the time you take 450 chips when the blinds fold, and when they call you still have a hand.

Perhaps it would benefit you to do a search for bubble posts over hte last month in ths forum, it will really help your bubble play. I was having similar problems until I did this.

Good luck!

Ogre
07-29-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
These are both clear pushes, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

07-29-2005, 03:08 AM
Thanks Weakling! I'll do that.

And I agree, I'll never not push there just wanted everyone to confirm it even if it makes me look silly. Being in the midst of a dry spell, getting fourth in that situation a few times in a row just stings inside. But I also read Ireguy's post and feel a bit better about getting back on the horse.

raptor517
07-29-2005, 03:09 AM
first situation, i like a stop and go. yer getting called pf period. might as well give yerself a chance if he misses..

if you fold situation 2, you should hang yerself (cit cant say that anymore since hes mod.) /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

Ogre
07-29-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
first situation, i like a stop and go. yer getting called pf period. might as well give yerself a chance if he misses..

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i think this is a slighty better play

lastchance
07-29-2005, 03:23 AM
Stop thinking about doing anything besides shoving both. Now.

It blows my mind that you are trying to fold TT with 3x BB, and folding 22 HU with 5x BB is almost as horrible.

SammyKid11
07-29-2005, 03:36 AM
Hand 1 I fold...he's going to call and you're flipping a coin at best.

Hand 2...push and don't even think about it. You can't be deterred by what "seems" to happen a lot. You win more than you lose by pushing, so you do it.

yabastid
07-29-2005, 03:49 AM
I'm not an expert but I muck 22 heads up without even thinking. You're either in a race which happens against 34o or dominated. Without a set deuces are pretty worthless.

Oops didn't pay attention to the blind levels /images/graemlins/tongue.gif (4:00 AM here) Push or stop and go.

NoSkills
07-29-2005, 04:49 AM
After the flop you are 2nd to act - Stop and Go isn't going to work. Don't give yourself the opportunity to see a scary flop and fold the winner PUSH.