PDA

View Full Version : Time for heroic set fold? 33 UTG 5/10

fimbulwinter
07-29-2005, 01:56 AM
I limp UTG with 33, two limp behind me, blinds come along.

A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (50)

checked to me, I (1K) bet 50, out of control aggro MP makes it 150 (this is any ace, two clubs, possibly a PP etc.), terrible button calls (flush draw 100% of the time here), SB (best player at table, solid and aggressive) moves in, covering me.

the table was pretty quiet at the time except for mp and button. average pot size around 300 and 45% of players seeing the flop.

fim

gomberg
07-29-2005, 02:00 AM
This could be A7 or A3 as well as 77. I'd push. What can I say, I'm a calling station. Also, solid player could be making a bluff assuming he knows maniac is crazy w/ Ax clubs hoping to fold you and maybe get in w/ the best hand and / or best draw. Too many ifs there, I push after about .3 seconds.

captZEEbo1
07-29-2005, 02:14 AM
eff set over set. Suck it up and never fold a set on the flop is my advice.

Ulysses
07-29-2005, 02:20 AM
Easy call.

Jazza
07-29-2005, 02:36 AM
why couldn't SB have Ax/images/graemlins/club.gif ? given the opponents you describe and his position, how would you play Ax /images/graemlins/club.gif if you were him?

this is a genuine question, i am not saying he could have that

technologic
07-29-2005, 02:44 AM
45c is possible, dg and fd

fimbulwinter
07-29-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why couldn't SB have Ax/images/graemlins/club.gif ? given the opponents you describe and his position, how would you play Ax /images/graemlins/club.gif if you were him?

this is a genuine question, i am not saying he could have that

[/ QUOTE ]

that is certainly a likely holding within his hand range.

The reason i posted this was that I had a player checkraise-push heavy action started by someone who led into a field after limping UTG. if he (correctly) puts button on a flush draw he knows his draw is slimmer than normal and that he's looking at TPGK or better from me.

there's also the "i have top pair and the nut flush draw or top two pair, fuggit, i'm all-in." factor which i think may be big here.

The problem for me is that his two most likely hands IMO (77 and Axs) are looking great EV wise against my holding. against one i get to draw to one out and against the other he wins 30% of the time.

that said, i'm being offered some monster pot odds to make this call and have the added luxury of button likely coming along drawing slim to dead. hence the sarcastic title (namely i couldn't ever find a fold here but i wanted the forum's opinion as to whether that was the right attitude in this case).

fim

technologic
07-29-2005, 03:19 AM
change the 7c to a 7h, and you've got a better case.

shove those chips in the middle.

radioheadfan
07-29-2005, 04:36 AM
On a rainbow board, MAYBE. On this board, hell no. AX of clubs is too real a possibility for you to lay down here. Get your money in there and live with the results.

fimbulwinter
07-29-2005, 04:53 AM
thought this one would be close, turned out it wasnt at all.

button, me and SB all ended up in there. button had A8/images/graemlins/club.gif and SB had 45/images/graemlins/club.gif.

eh, back to playing

fim