PDA

View Full Version : Friendly suggestions for a discouraged PP SNGer

07-29-2005, 01:49 AM
Short history:

Haven't played Party Poker in awhile, played a lot of live games, read books, got better, read the 10/1 "strategy guides" on this site, blah blah. Simply put I know what I should be doing...in general.

Deposited $100 and started playing $10/1. Was ITM 21 out of 31 times to start out. I thought I had it all figured out. Hello variance! The bottom dropped out. In a stroke of bad timing, I moved up to $20/2 at that same time and went about 1 for 9. Back down to 10/1 and the streak just continued until now I'm down below my initial deposit... significantly. So many disgusting beats during the downswing too. That's poker!

So, when the PP reload bonus comes up I'm considering depositing for the full bonus ($500 for $100 bonus) or I may just go back to $100.

My question is, depending on $500 or $100 deposit, how should I resume my play. If I go to $100, I'm thinking of $5/1 until I get my stride back and get it up around $150-200 before going back to $10. But what if I do $500?

Also I know these are pretty small concerns for most long-term poker players but it's still large to me, for now at least /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks in advance for being nice

Thanks!

raptor517
07-29-2005, 02:38 AM
i would just stick at the 10+1s. screw 5+1s they are a waste of time. 2 table the 10+1s on 100 bucks. if u go broke u put 100 more in. no worries. better yet, u run it up. hwen u have like 400 or so maybe play a 22 every now and then, but stick to the 10+1s. dont jump up too fast. thats the biggest thing. holla

07-29-2005, 06:49 AM
dont play the 5+1, the rake is just brutal.

Hope this gives you hope, i started sngs like 2 days ago and finished OOTM 14 / 20 games (down 100 dollars). I was freaking out, but I listened to the posters here and continued to play. finished ITM my next 9 in a row without changing my game.

variance hurts, posters are saying that you need more than 500 hands to even things out, so keep playing.

btw, max that bonus if you can, Im sure you can make a better hourly rate of the bonus than 10+1 tables.

- Brian

astarck
07-29-2005, 07:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dont play the 5+1, the rake is just brutal.

Hope this gives you hope, i started sngs like 2 days ago and finished OOTM 14 / 20 games (down 100 dollars). I was freaking out, but I listened to the posters here and continued to play. finished ITM my next 9 in a row without changing my game.

variance hurts, posters are saying that you need more than 50,000 hands to even things out, so keep playing.

btw, max that bonus if you can, Im sure you can make a better hourly rate of the bonus than 10+1 tables.

- Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP