PDA

View Full Version : Do you let go of this one easily?

TheSalche
07-29-2005, 12:52 AM
2nd level of Party 10+1 SnG, I have 200 or so more chips than villain

Dealt to Hero: A /images/graemlins/club.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero raises to 120, MP calls, folded around

Flop comes 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Pot: 285
Hero bets 150, MP calls
Turn K /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero checks, MP bets 100, Hero folds

How's my play on the flop? The idea was to trap AK, and keep the pot small in case he has a 10. Turn, should I have bet feeling 90% sure I was far behind in the hand? After he bets only 100 is it still an easy fold?

citanul
07-29-2005, 01:11 AM
knowing how many total chips you have would be nice, not just relative to the opp chips.

this seems like a pretty reasonable spot to be done with AA. depending on how deep the stacks are you could try betting here sometimes in case you can get your opponent to lay down a ten.

citanul

07-29-2005, 01:12 AM
This is tricky, but I think folding is correct.

There are two sides of this nagging at me..

1) I would like to think that villian is trying to get value out of his top boat

2) It is possible that villian has something like AQ or AJ betting weak with his ace high 2 pair trying to get you out of the pot.

I don't put villian on a 10 here. I would say that you will see AK flipped far too often to make this a profitable hand.

lastchance
07-29-2005, 01:13 AM
I almost can never laydown AA in a $11....

But this board is as scary as a 4-flush or 4-straight...

TheSalche
07-29-2005, 01:16 AM
i believe i had 1015, and he had 800

i just said how many more i had than him because i assumed if i kept going/betting with this hand and lost i was likely to double him up

Isura
07-29-2005, 01:51 AM
I dunno. This is a $10, so he could still be calling the flop with QQ,JJ,99, QJ. I think I call the turn and evaulate the river. I think we're ahead here often enough given the massive odds he's giving us on the turn.