PDA

View Full Version : QTs: 5/10 6 max hand

hobbsmann
07-29-2005, 12:51 AM
The villian in this hand is a LAG, something like 45/20/2 over 150 hands or so. So I whiffed a c/r on the flop here, but also thought it was really weird that villian didn't continuation bet this given that he had been fairly aggro all session. What's the plan for the hand after the turn raise by the villian? Does anybody not show this hand down?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>

DMBFan23
07-29-2005, 12:53 AM
I used to always fold these, now I usually call them down. I like my new policy better.

Transference
07-29-2005, 12:57 AM
Preflop raise seems a little thin but Ive been known to do it once or twice.

Any idea what villian's 3bet standards are?

I think its way ahead way behind on the turn. I call his raise and check the river hoping to induce a bluff. If he slows down on the river often and can call down with something like ace high, I might just lead out and fold to another raise, the vast majority of the time im showing this down.

hobbsmann
07-29-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop raise seems a little thin but Ive been known to do it once or twice

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to be raising most suited/non suited broadways UTG in 5/6 handed games these days with the exception of JTo and QTo. I'm still working my way into this whole 6max thing so I'm curious who thinks this preflop raise is standard/not standard?