PDA

View Full Version : BB w/QTs and the TAG is on the button - Your thoughts?

Sasnak
07-29-2005, 12:18 AM
Villain is TAG and tricky at times. Likes to isolate and raises a bunch when he comes in especially in LP. UTG1 seems to be a calling station but he has just shown up.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="blue">Call is standard </font>

Flop: (8.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Button calls.

<font color="blue">Flush/straight draw, raise here hoping to get callers and a possible free card. </font>

Turn: (7.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

<font color="blue">For whatever reason I decide I'm raising anything if it's raised behind me. I don't often tilt and I was up maybe 30BB's multi-tabling. Don't know what came over me but I felt I needed to go aggro! </font>

River: (19.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 folds.

<font color="blue">I'm thinking now I just blew an hours work spewing off chips... It pissed me off I missed my hand and I soon left after this thinking I was beginning to tilt.

I don't feel my TT is anywhere near good. AA/KK/QQ/JJ/AK/AQ and even an AT beats me.

Your thoughts? </font>

Final Pot: 20.25 BB

closer2313
07-29-2005, 12:26 AM
Lead the flop. The two people in between you will call or fold, and the button might raise. This way you trapped the two players in between for multiple bets and are extracting value from your flush/straight draw.

Just call the turn raise, I really dont think you have the best hand here vs a tag. AQ is now a straight, AK is ahead, AJ is ahead, AA-JJ is ahead. There is alot of hands here that a tag would raise that beat you right now.

River is fine vs a tag.

Entity
07-29-2005, 12:41 AM
Your flop checkraise sucks. Bet the flop. The turn is way overplayed. Good river fold.

SoftcoreRevolt
07-29-2005, 12:44 AM
Bet and 3 bet the flop, depending on how many people are in on the turn you may be able to bet here too, but probably not.

Aaron W.
07-29-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (8.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Button calls.

<font color="blue">Flush/straight draw, raise here hoping to get callers and a possible free card. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

What a craptacular way of getting callers.

hemstock
07-29-2005, 01:27 AM
You are check-raising to get callers?

And how can you get a free cards? You are the first to act.

Sasnak
07-29-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are check-raising to get callers?

And how can you get a free cards? You are the first to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG1 had been calling raises and folding or showing middle pair and TPWK. I figured he'd call anything to him if he had a piece of the flop or a draw.

I knew TAG would bet and if I CR'd that UTG1 would come along. I've checked the turn after doing this and it's been checked around, especially with 2 in a scenario like this.

My play was to check the turn and see what happened and take a free card if offered, but I just started hitting the bet/raise button like an idiot.

I really see the advantage of leading the flop here by trapping though.

Turn was st00pid.

River I knew I was beat. I've really been playing well the past few weeks too and I don't understand what the heck I was really thinking here. Two weeks ago I was down 100BB's and now I got it back but this hand certainly sucked.

~

davelin
07-29-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this hand certainly sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]