PDA

View Full Version : Stop and Go or Push????

Chuckster
07-29-2005, 12:14 AM
Live MTT 350 buy in....165 players....top 16 get paid....down to 40

Blinds are 400-800 and I have a short stack or 4500

I'm the BB and look down at AQ

Guy in EP with roughly 3800 left raises minimum to 1600. I was going with my AQ considering my situation. I decided to push. (everyone else folded to me) He calls instantly w/ K-10. Flop AJJ river Q for his str8. Whatever, thats poker...not complaining....

My question is that looking back at this hand I think a stop n go might have won me the hand. Considering he raised 1600 out of his 3800, he was basically commited to calling pre-flop, regardless of his stupidity of raising minimum out of position w K-10.

If I simply call the 800 raise and push w/ a flop of AJJ I think he might have folded his last 2200.

Thoughts??? Next time stop n go or push????

greg nice
07-29-2005, 12:17 AM
well then next time when you decide to stop and go, you better still push when the flop comes down KJJ.

Chuckster
07-29-2005, 12:18 AM
Of course...I would have pushed any flop...that's a stop n go

JC_Saves
07-29-2005, 12:27 AM
it may have worked, but there are no guarantees he would fold to his gutshot. Given your circumstances I think that there is only one play and that is to push and take it down now hopefully.

yimmy9
07-29-2005, 12:28 AM
in this situation i don't think it would matter he could have been thinking of making the same play. If you were going to call his all-in on the flop do the results matter?

Chuckster
07-29-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
in this situation i don't think it would matter he could have been thinking of making the same play. If you were going to call his all-in on the flop do the results matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have been to first to act on the flop

dimes
07-29-2005, 12:30 AM
you are down in chips...I think its a clear push. your odds go down after the flop.

yimmy9
07-29-2005, 12:40 AM
i guess that is what happens when you dont pay attention to total detail you make a jackass out of your self. well in that case i think you beat him off his play I think you played it correctly though since he probably would have called with his gutshot

Chuckster
07-29-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i guess that is what happens when you dont pay attention to total detail you make a jackass out of your self. well in that case i think you beat him off his play I think you played to correctly though since he probably would have called with his gutshot

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Sorry, a little confused

Isura
07-29-2005, 01:05 AM
What was your read on him? If he sucks, you should definitely push preflop. Although you might have more folding equity on the flop, you give him a cheapp look at the flop with the hands that you are ahead. I whould push and hope I'm not dominated.

TakenItEasy
07-29-2005, 01:45 AM
This is clearly the spot to stop-n-go if you don't want a call. Preflop his decision is to call $2200 into an $8000 pot or 3.6:1

Even without looking at results, the only way to give him proper fold equity with those odds are with 2 cards to come not 5.

Plus the min-raise tells you he is holding enough back to possibly get away from this hand.

Having said that, I would probably push hoping I had the best hand. I would gamble now to try to get a proper stack to steal on the bubble instead of trying to survive the bubble.

At this point it depends on your goal.