PDA

View Full Version : Two hands that just happened that I sucked at. (both high pockets)

Grisgra
07-28-2005, 11:58 PM
Party 3-table 30/3. 10/15 blinds. Each start with 1000 in chips.

First hand, I get QQ UTG+1. I raise to 45, two coldcallers and the BB calls. Flop comes K64r. I check, check, then a limper bets 70 into this 200 pot. The BB calls, I fold.

Two hands later, I get JJ in the BB. Limp, limp, limp, SB raises to 60. I raise to 150, folded to the SB who raises to 400. I fold.

How much do I suck on a scale of 1 to 10? These felt VERY weak-tight, but I'm trying to rein in my wacky SH instincts.

(I'm guessing that this post should go here, and not in the MTT, as it's only 3 tables? Questions would apply to a SNG just as much as a MTT given these were in the first 3 hands, I think.)

wuwei
07-29-2005, 12:59 AM
Damn things get blown off the first page fast these days!

caveat: I've never played a 3 table before, but I imagine the competition is no better than a STT and likely worse.

Hand 1: You can raise more preflop. As you saw, they like to call... don't worry about not getting any takers. Somewhere in the 55-70 range works pretty well. The flop sucks, but I'd probably lead and see what happens. First hand, I have no idea what these people are calling with preflop. If it was an A high flop, I'd check/fold. The bet of 70 last to act smells pretty weak, but once the BB calls I'd let it go.

Hand 2: I think the reraise is good - if you cold call, you're way too likely to be playing JJ against a field of 4 players. Once the SB reraises, I would also fold unless I know he sucks. SB has shown a ton of strength thus far, and I don't feel that good about my jacks anymore.

psyduck
07-29-2005, 01:07 AM
Raise to 50 AT LEAST for hand 1. Continuation-bet the flop for half the pot, and then slow down to any considerable action (check-fold turn/river).

Hand 2: I usually complete in the SB. QQ is good enough to raise, I like to limp JJ though. play either for overpair value or for set value. if the flop comes 248, that's your flop to bet large. the thing is that villain could have 88 as easily as KK or AK when he re-raises to 400 at these buy-ins

Grisgra
07-29-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: I usually complete in the SB. QQ is good enough to raise, I like to limp JJ though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in the BB, and SB raised to 60, so I couldn't just check.