PDA

View Full Version : first post, 2/4 hand

07-28-2005, 10:43 PM
hey lurked for a while decided to post this and figure out if i played it right, no reads so far except open raiser plays a lot of hands (seen vp in pot from another table using poker tracker)

Hand #7316091-1491 at Camas ($2/$4 Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 28/Jul/05 22:34:56

SKINSFAN1 is at seat 0 with $67.25.
Fizarf is at seat 1 with $129.25.
bhagwood is at seat 2 with $92.75.
JesGru is at seat 3 with $97.
bradyman1 is at seat 4 with $112.75.
Wolfman79 is at seat 5 with $49.
pong7 is at seat 6 with $156.50.
andy4 is at seat 7 with $105.75.
ffishh is at seat 8 with $234.50.
shinytop is at seat 9 with $45.50.
The button is at seat 5.

pong7 posts the small blind of $1.
andy4 posts the big blind of $2.

SKINSFAN1: -- --
Fizarf: -- --
bhagwood: -- --
JesGru: -- --
bradyman1: -- --
Wolfman79: -- --
pong7: -- --
andy4: 6d 9d
ffishh: -- --
shinytop: -- --

Pre-flop:

ffishh folds. shinytop calls. SKINSFAN1 folds.
Fizarf folds. bhagwood raises to $4. JesGru folds.
bradyman1 folds. Wolfman79 calls. pong7 folds.
andy4 calls. shinytop calls.

Flop (board: 9s 4d 7s):

andy4 checks. shinytop checks. bhagwood bets $2.
Wolfman79 raises to $4. andy4 calls. shinytop
folds. bhagwood folds.

Turn (board: 9s 4d 7s 6h):

andy4 checks. Wolfman79 bets $4. andy4 raises to
$8. Wolfman79 calls.

River (board: 9s 4d 7s 6h 3h):

andy4 bets $4. Wolfman79 raises to $8. andy4 calls.

Showdown:

Wolfman79 shows 5s Ks.
Wolfman79 has 5s 4d 7s 6h 3h: straight, seven high.
andy4 mucks cards.
(andy4 has 6d 9d.)

Hand #7316091-1491 Summary:

$2.75 is raked from a pot of $59.
Wolfman79 wins $56.25 with straight, seven high.

Klepton
07-28-2005, 11:18 PM
you played this hand fine except the flop could be debated

did you check the flop because you were going to c/r?

if you were, then you might as well check 3-bet.

other than that, remmeber not to post the results in the hand, as it makes our responses bias

07-28-2005, 11:20 PM
oh shoot yea i forgot about that, sorry, thanks for the response

wish i could edit..too late

Harv72b
07-28-2005, 11:41 PM
The preflop call is okay. Not great with only 3 opponents in the hand, but certainly playable getting (probably) 7:1 on your money.

As for the flop...standard operating procedure when you hit TPWK (as you did in this hand) is either to check with the intention of raising 1 bet, folding for two, or to lead out in the hopes that the PFR raises you with overcards. Which one you choose to use is largely dependent on your position relative the preflop raiser--in this case it's neutral either way. However, when you do check and it comes back two bets to you, you pretty much have to toss it in the muck without a good backup draw (you have two backdoors, but both are fairly weak draws & not worth counting; the 2-suited nature of the flop also potentially counterfeits some of your trip/two pair outs).

As it turns out, you were correct to call 2 cold on the flop because your opponent so severely butchered his flush draw (does UB offer buddy lists? If so, he should be on yours). But in general, this should've been folded on the flop--the raise will more often mean top pair with a better kicker, a set, an overpair, or possibly something like two overcards + a flush draw.

On the turn, your opponent again severely misplayed his draw, allowing you to check/raise. Again, easy to say that in hindsight--if you did make the loose call on the flop assuming you were behind, then it obviously makes sense to go for the c/r heads up. So good play on your part as you couldn't possibly have thought that villian was on a draw.

Good bet/call on the river vs. an unknown. You're getting enough on pot odds to call his raise in hopes that he's got a worse 2 pair or is just raising the scare card.

DrewOnTilt
07-29-2005, 01:29 AM
Welcome to the boards.

For future reference, use this hand history converter to create BB code out of your hand history text:

http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi

The nice and neat conversion of your hand comes out like this:

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

bravos1
07-29-2005, 02:19 AM
Welcome to the board.

I think the pre-flop call is borderline, but given the pot size, I guess it is not horrible, but you already have 1 limper, 1 raise, and a cold-call, so I would of bailed.

After the flop, it's a easy fold for me. You have to assume the top pair is not good seeing the agression already, and even if it was, you would have to assume many overcards are being held by your opponents. Along with this, you only have two weak backdoor draws. If you didn't lay it down on pre-flop, this sure looks like the place.

MrStretchie
07-29-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the board.

I think the pre-flop call is borderline, but given the pot size, I guess it is not horrible, but you already have 1 limper, 1 raise, and a cold-call, so I would of bailed.

After the flop, it's a easy fold for me. You have to assume the top pair is not good seeing the agression already, and even if it was, you would have to assume many overcards are being held by your opponents. Along with this, you only have two weak backdoor draws. If you didn't lay it down on pre-flop, this sure looks like the place.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has two backdoor draws, along with a draw to two pair/trips. All in all he's looking at about 5 effective outs, so he can't really fold the flop here..

bravos1
07-29-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has two backdoor draws, along with a draw to two pair/trips. All in all he's looking at about 5 effective outs, so he can't really fold the flop here..

[/ QUOTE ]

He does have 2 BD draws, so an out for each of those, but I would not give 3 full outs on the 9/6. He can easily be dominated here by the likes of A9s, etc. or if someone already trip'd up plus any overcard here will worry him.