PDA

View Full Version : Short stack attack short stack on bubble???

07-28-2005, 09:26 PM
In a 10+1 party game, LV4 and up,4 people left, shortstacked (800-1200).

2 big stacks and 2 small stacks.

Should I make a concious effort to attack the other small stack to ensure a ITM finish?

or should I worry about my own cards and hope that one of the other players tries to knock him out?

thanks in advance for any replies. I suck at sngs.

-Brian

bluefeet
07-28-2005, 09:48 PM
the last thing you want to do is get into a 'folding into the money' race with the other short stack. it's difficult to give any specific advice without specific examples, but you most definitaly want to keep your share of the aggression up - especially if the other short stack is on your left. open-aggression on your part accomplishes two things - 1) limits his blind stealing opportunities, and 2) puts HIM to the test, having to make a call for his tourney life.

i'm not advocating pushing every hand. your fold equity in comparison to the larger stacks, your position, the other's positions, reads.....oh yeah, and your hand /images/graemlins/wink.gif, all dictate when and when not to make a move.

search STT for "+push"...read posts on "should i push this?", "bubble question...", etc. posting specific examples of your own will usually also get you plenty of feedback.

good luck!