PDA

View Full Version : ATs...how 'dis look?

xGoreDudex
07-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Did I push this too hard? I feel my re-raise on the flop is for "value" as I've put villian on big cards, AA-AJx...good or bad?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

irishpint
07-28-2005, 06:54 PM
looks fine to me. raise the flop for a free card, not value.

POKhER
07-28-2005, 06:58 PM
I dont raise the flop,

Do you even have a Equality edge on this HU 35% flush call(By river)???

Thanks.

Boolean
07-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Grunching..
If you put your opponent on big cards, why are you raising? It's possible that you're drawing to just your flush outs, so your pot equity is not large enough to raise for value. I check/call until I hit my straight or flush.

xenthebrain
07-28-2005, 07:06 PM
I don't think the flopbet can be for value, when you figure you are up against a better hand HU and thus a dog.

It can be for a freecard, but not for value.

TomBrooks
07-28-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the flopbet can be for value, when you figure you are up against a better hand HU and thus a dog. It can be for a freecard, but not for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on the first part, but the freeplay card doesn't work when your first to act.

xenthebrain
07-28-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the flopbet can be for value, when you figure you are up against a better hand HU and thus a dog. It can be for a freecard, but not for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on the first part, but the freeplay card doesn't work when your first to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I missed the c/r. He should just call the flop, a bet doesn't accomplish anything.

Kumubou
07-28-2005, 07:51 PM
I cap this flop because I am an ass... and you DO have have the lead here: vs {AA-TT, AK-Qs, AK, KQs} you are a 50.2/49.8 favorite, so it is a virtual coinflip. If you just put him on {AA-TT, AKs, AK} now you are a 46.6/53.4 dog.

Turn and river are standard. If I thought I had any chance of blowing him off whatever he has on the turn with another checkraise, I might do it just for the high comedy that would be the trifecta when you river him (but this is only +dopeness, not +EV).

-K

Redd
07-28-2005, 08:18 PM
IMO the flop raise is a must. You might get a free card and you might be able to fold AJ/AQ/AK if you decide not to take said free card.

Shillx
07-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Caveman poker dude. Check/call, check/call, check/fold.

You will be doing this with good hands as well (say JJ for example). And if you aren't check/calling JJ or QQ here, you should probably rethink your HU play against someone who likes their hand.

All better hands that are weakish on this board (like AK) are not going to fold out easily here. You have to expect that you will have to showdown the winner to drag this pot. If the flop were Axx and you had KT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif then it would be different since he might fold a hand like QQ or KK.

Brad

OrianasDaad
07-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Grunch:

Your reraise on the flop isn't for value HU. You need more opponents to gain the appropriate equity edge, especially since you put villian on a hand that mabye beats yours if you hit top pair. Plus, you probably won't be able to extract much extra from the hand if you do hit your flush.

Spewage, just check-call down and fold the river without making a top pair or a flush.