PDA

View Full Version : I just took a real bad beat. (real life content)

iMsoLucky0
07-28-2005, 06:43 PM
A few months ago I noticed some lumps under my nipples. It turned into a general swelling in my breasts so I went to the doctor. He ran some bloodwork to help figure out what was causing it but thought it was just gynecostomia caused by me starting to work out prior to the start.

The bloodwork came back with me having an increased prolactin level. He had me come back in to run the bloodwork over, and this time the prolactin was even more increased.

So he scheduled an MRI for me today. I went in and had it today and just a few minutes ago recieved a phonecall back from the doc. It turns out I have a small pituatary adenoma (tumor).

WTF?!?! I have a tumor in my head?!? OMFG THAT SUXOR!?!!1!one.

:-( He says there is a chance it will be able to be taken care of by medicine, but a good chance it will require surgery.

I was looking into it though, and it doesn't seem to major, but it's still fuggin scary :-(

Here is a link to info on what I have:

Pituitary Adenoma (http://www.revoptom.com/handbook/SECT54a.HTM)

Jman28
07-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Sucks man.

Sounds like no big risks are involved, but best of luck to you. Let us know how it goes.

microbet
07-28-2005, 06:55 PM
I'm sure we're all hoping for the best.

11t
07-28-2005, 06:57 PM
I would have folded preflop /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I personally believe that everything happens for a reason and that which does not kill us makes us stronger. Anyways, I hope you get thru this and it isn't malignant.

pearljam
07-28-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I personally believe that everything happens for a reason

[/ QUOTE ]

stop playing poker

skipperbob
07-28-2005, 07:00 PM
[censored]....G/L....Best Wishes

adanthar
07-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Sorry man. Good luck.

07-28-2005, 07:19 PM
good luck with this thing, youll come out of it a stronger person

The Yugoslavian
07-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Ugh. That certainly is a bad beat, /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

From your link and what you said it at least sounds like a manageable tumor and not as 'major' as some can be.

You will pwn this tumor like you pwn MTTs, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Yugoslav

mmbt0ne
07-28-2005, 07:45 PM
I had a tumor eating its way through my ear towars my brain. Surgery wasn't that bad, I just can't ride rollercoasters, or ride in cars for long, or hear out of my right ear. Also, I have no eardrum or inner ear. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, that's my fun story to tell. Here's hoping your's is a lot less dramatic.

Get better.

skipperbob
07-28-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or hear out of my right ear. Also, I have no eardrum or inner ear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had an affliction with the same outcome....Drives my wife crazy because when my left ear is out of range (driving/sleeping/etc.) I can't hear her /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Apathy
07-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Good thing you caught this early, be sure to keep us updated as I'm sure I'm not the only one concerned for you.

Irieguy
07-28-2005, 08:07 PM
The bright side:

1. I have literally dozens of patients with this problem, and they've all sailed through surgery. (I would give you the specific risks of surgery, but as Aleo has said, doctors aren't really capable of understanding stats and stuff.)

2. If you need surgery, you will forever be able to tell people that you had a "transphenoidal pituitary adenectomy," which sounds super cool.

3. You'll be able to use my favorite medical joke, which is... whenever anyone taking care of you has any trouble with anything, from your paperwork to your IV start, you can say

"come-on, people, this isn't brain surgery"

Irieguy

skipperbob
07-28-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"come-on, people, this isn't brain surgery"

[/ QUOTE ]

Man; that's so not happening....It's "come-on, people, this isn't NLHE"

yid3655
07-28-2005, 08:14 PM
Very best of luck to you, keep your head up buddy

octaveshift
07-28-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had a tumor eating its way through my ear towars my brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Acoustic neuroma?

yabastid
07-28-2005, 08:36 PM
All of a sudden poker doesn't seem so important. I hope all things go well. You seem like a great guy and I hope good news and great health are right around the corner for you.

Best,

yabastid

octaveshift
07-28-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I was looking into it though, and it doesn't seem to major, but it's still fuggin scary :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll be fine, don't worry. Just esearch the hell out of it, and make sure your docs are actually paying attention to you.

Medicine rocks.

mmbt0ne
07-28-2005, 08:57 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I had a tumor eating its way through my ear towars my brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Acoustic neuroma?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cholesteatoma, so I guess it's more of a cyst. But I wanted to feel a sort of bond with OP.

J Chap
07-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Amidst all the intellectual and mathematical one-uppmanship, this really is a cool and friendly community. Hooray!

Thanks everybody, for restoring some faith in humankind. 2+2 Rocks!

GL, ISL

J Chaaaap

MrX
07-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Good luck and I hope the medical therapy works. If you need surgery do a little research and try to choose a center that performs a high volume of transsphenoidal hypophysectomies.

MrX

octaveshift
07-28-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I wanted to feel a sort of bond with OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just talk about your man boobs?

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DeathbySuckout
07-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Good luck dude. I know you'll get through this.
Keep the forum updated please.

USCSigma1097
07-28-2005, 09:15 PM
Do you guys prefer Moobs for man boobs...

or

meets for man teats?

Sigma

SuitedSixes
07-28-2005, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Amidst all the intellectual and mathematical one-uppmanship, this really is a cool and friendly community. Hooray!

[/ QUOTE ]

This really is a pretty OK pocket of the internet.

iMSo, I'm sure everything will work out fine, and kudos to you for actually going to check it out, lots of guys just think stuff like that will go away and dismiss it until it is too late.

raptor517
07-28-2005, 09:29 PM
wtf man. u most not love me anymore cuz u didnt tell me. get that shaaat taken care of. holla

bluefeet
07-28-2005, 09:32 PM
hey lucky,

i had the scare of my life last fall. i was losing hearing in my right ear (which of course i blew off for 6 months). long story short, i had a 'mass' in my nasal pharynx (x-smoker). i rivered quads with the non-cancerous findings after a simple surgery (i get to go back every 6mos for a while).

anyway...not wanting to pile on the 'well, i had this...', i just wanted to share with you this: the wondering &amp; waiting during the initial period IS by far the worst (it took 2 months from hearing "hmm, thats odd" from the ear doc, to cat-scans, mri's, and eventually the surgery).

understand that no amount of worrying is going to change what is (it was not wanting to know that kept me from going in when i should have). when you get past this, you focus on being what you must - - a realist &amp; an optimist. remain confident knowing you've gotten past perhaps the biggest hurdle. the surgery is a whole lot easier than the torcher you're inclined to put yourself through in the meantime. keep your chin up, find people/activities that keep a smile on your face. know that you're in GREAT hands now - you've done your part /images/graemlins/wink.gif

best wishes...

wuwei
07-28-2005, 09:41 PM
Judging by that other thread, you are clearly the biggest luckbox on the forum. I'm hoping that follows through with this stuff as well. Good luck, man. Looking forward to meeting you and your luckbox in Vegas in a month.

The Yugoslavian
07-28-2005, 10:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks everybody, for restoring some faith in humankind. 2+2 Rocks!

GL, ISL

J Chaaaap

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a common misconception that b/c some posters on this forum don't take kindly to small sample sizes, no0b questions and pinko-commie-fags, they are all bad people...

I've met many STT 2+2ers and everyone has been pretty smart (except Greke), kind (except SuitedSixes) and funny (except Skipperbob, /images/graemlins/blush.gif).

Imsolucky is all of the above and it's cool that posters recognize that with such encouragement, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Yugoslav

Roman
07-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Sorry to hear, best of luck!

The Yugoslavian
07-28-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wtf man. u most not love me anymore cuz u didnt tell me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you were busy at that time burning hundo/benjis with your batches or playing DDR and Pokemon with like Eevie or someone...

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yugoslav

johnnybeef
07-28-2005, 10:07 PM
get well soon

ClaytonN
07-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Some people run well, some people get card dead and run bad

You win multiple MTT's in one night, and god desides to give you a brain tumor because you're just running too [censored] good. I suggest you start sucking in poker.

In all seriousness, get better!

GrekeHaus
07-28-2005, 10:27 PM
Yikes man...that's rough. Good luck with everything, and make sure to ask the doctor if you can keep everything he takes out of your body. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

SlackerMcFly
07-28-2005, 11:55 PM
You will do just fine with this. No injury nor medical condition can change the strength you possess. Use that strength to overcome and conquer. It cannot and will not alter the person that you are nor who you will be.

Keep us updated and best wishes!

Degen
07-28-2005, 11:57 PM
gl man, i'll pray for you

WebGuySteve
07-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Good luck with that man! I hope this doesn't keep you away from the tables for too long!

iMsoLucky0
07-29-2005, 10:57 AM
Thank you all for the kind (and funny) words.

I really do appreciate this place and the people I've met through here. Thanks again.

gildwulf
07-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Man, and I thought ulcerative colitis was a bad beat...

Sorry to hear about it and good luck with the operation, dude...I'll be rooting for you up in Montreal...

lorinda
07-29-2005, 12:10 PM
Just to echo everyone else's thoughts, good luck and get well soon.

Try to commit that Irieguy stuff to memory BEFORE they start doing things to you /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lori

pooh74
07-29-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have folded preflop /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I personally believe that everything happens for a reason and that which does not kill us makes us stronger. Anyways, I hope you get thru this and it isn't malignant.

[/ QUOTE ]

No...there is no good reason one gets a tumor. You can make the best out of what you are dealt and that's it.

Nothing happens for a reason.

eastbay
07-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Wow. I remember your initial posts about this. Here's to your treatment and recovery.

eastbay

danger_mouse
07-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Best of luck to you. By the sounds of it, you will pull out on top.

bugstud
07-29-2005, 01:52 PM
gl man. send me your MTT luckbox? please? I'll trade you my super-duper post-surgey recuperative luckbox in return! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I remember that first post too...I am kinda weirded out that you actually had a problem, but am really glad that you got is diagnosed and treament lined up.

Good luck, etc etc etc.