PDA

View Full Version : Two bar exams in three days suck ass (no content)

adanthar
07-28-2005, 06:37 PM
I hate the hearsay doctrine more than I hate people calling my pushes on the bubble with K5o

microbet
07-28-2005, 06:47 PM
I hope you aren't worried about whether you are going to pass or not.

adanthar
07-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Does the pope [censored] in the woods? (who the hell knows, he's dead)

skipperbob
07-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Watch more "Law & Order"

microbet
07-28-2005, 07:14 PM
There's another pope.

Tell me you aren't worried, please.

If you can't do that, please wager with me on whether you pass or not.

jeffraider
07-28-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Watch more "Law & Order"

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha pwned adar

adanthar
07-28-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Watch more "Law & Order"

[/ QUOTE ]

surprisingly, that actually helped

[ QUOTE ]
There's another pope.

Tell me you aren't worried, please.

If you can't do that, please wager with me on whether you pass or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

The crucial piece of information you're missing here is that naturally, the amount of studying I did up until the last two weeks was inversely related to the amount of poker I played. ADD mixed with terminal lazy, anyone?

Oh well, it's over and now I am pwning every guaranteed tournament Empire has in the next two months

microbet
07-28-2005, 07:37 PM
My brother was supposedly sure that he failed. I tried to get him to bet against himself, but I couldn't.

I'll give you 2 to 1.

I doubt you want to take that bet. I'll leave you alone about it.

pokerlaw
07-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Two huh? what states? I only took NY and am SOOO glad to be done. damn, that MBE had some tricky ass questions.

I'm sure you'll do fine - you went to a great law school. my friends all want to bet me that i pass, but betting on me failing the bar (and therefore having to repeat this whole sh*tty process in feburary) is NOT something I want to put action on...

psyduck
07-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Law schmaw. Poker > law, I love pokah

Degen
07-28-2005, 10:22 PM
gl man

adanthar
07-28-2005, 10:24 PM
NJ was my other one.

So how about not one, not two, but *three* cell phones going off during the NY bar in my location - the last two on the second day? Jebus, people are stupid.

KingDan
07-28-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh well, it's over and now I am pwning every guaranteed tournament Empire has in the next two months

[/ QUOTE ]

They are very soft... with two tables left in one of these I litterally raised every hand pf and bet every flop, so tight weak it was awesome. My stack grew 50% while going carddead /images/graemlins/smile.gif

microbet
07-28-2005, 11:05 PM
My brother's best friend/roomate has the best bar exam story.

Someone in the room was having a seizure or something and my brother's friend, who had medical training, spent quite a lot of time helping this person. He ended up failing that section and the whole exam and they wouldn't cut him any slack. The story got out and he ended up getting on a talk show (I think Jay Leno) and they ended up letting him pass or retake that section or something like that.

07-29-2005, 01:03 AM
nice work taking 2 bars - i guess that's common in the ny/nj area? as someone who took only the ca bar a few years back i can tell you that it will be nice to have interstate options.
what i hated the most about the bar was passing and then having people minimizing the accomplishment by saying 'i knew you'd pass.' dirty dogs.

Gramps
07-29-2005, 05:16 AM
Of all the info I crammed into my noggin over the two months leading up the Bar, hearsay doctrine was the first I made a point to completely forget and never think about ever, ever again (with a couple of necessary work-related exceptions).

But I disagree with the K5o push calls being bad, unless you're pushing some serious crap yourself. That's a good thing, like getting an easy subject-matter-jurisdiction question as your first Bar Essay to get you off on the right foot (vs. some f-d up hearsay question).

jon462
07-29-2005, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Of all the info I crammed into my noggin over the two months leading up the Bar, hearsay doctrine was the first I made a point to completely forget and never think about ever, ever again (with a couple of necessary work-related exceptions).

But I disagree with the K5o push calls being bad, unless you're pushing some serious crap yourself. That's a good thing, like getting an easy subject-matter-jurisdiction question as your first Bar Essay to get you off on the right foot (vs. some f-d up hearsay question).

[/ QUOTE ]
the reason he hates being called by K5o on the bubble is he is most likely dominated. At least I am when i get called by K5o on the bubble.

imported_torgeauxSA
07-29-2005, 02:11 PM
It's funny, but it doesn't take much actual practice for the hearsay rule to just be so easy that you'll forget it was ever even a question.

Granted, I have a crystal clear memory of making a hearsay objection in my first trial that was just so clearly not hearsay (the question did call for a witness to say what someone else said, and that was enough for eager, ignorant me).

What states did you take? I've never had a hankering to go back and do another, I hated it so much.