PDA

View Full Version : Turn decision vs. loose-passive

bvaughn
07-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Villian in this hand is super-loose, very passive - 71/0/.5. I haven't seen him 3-bet at all.

Party Poker (10/20 6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
. Villian calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero raises, Everyone calls...family pot. (6 BBs)

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Villian checks , MP checks, CO bets , Hero raises , SB calls, BB folds, Villlian 3-bets , MP folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls. (11 BBs)

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG bets, Hero ???

Surfbullet
07-28-2005, 06:49 PM
I call this down. It's amazing how seemingly passive players will surprise you occasionally.

We've got outs to improve(though all are admittedly tainted), and it is important to note that the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif is not on the board - he could certainly be raising his monster A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifX/images/graemlins/diamond.gif for value.

Surf

bvaughn
07-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the relpy Surf.

I looked at the board, tried to figure out what he would 3-bet with, and figured I was down to 3 clean outs - the 3 10's not diamond. I also thought I could be already drawing nearly dead against a set, AK, or Q10 (drawing for a split). I really didn't want a Q to come because the other player in the pot (SB) was a pretty solid player who called my two bets cold on the flop and I thought he was probably on a flush draw with possibly the 10 as well. So after much disgust, I folded.

The river was an offsuit 6, SB checked, Villian bet, SB called. Villian showed A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the winner of a $300 pot, and I screamed NOOOOOOOOO at my monitor...hand history showed SB with 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Surfbullet, you play goot...I play bad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Surfbullet
07-28-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I looked at the board, tried to figure out what he would 3-bet with, and figured I was down to 3 clean outs - the 3 10's not diamond. I also thought I could be already drawing nearly dead against a set, AK, or Q10 (drawing for a split).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a little too harsh of an assessment IMHO. Unless the 70/0 read is over a seriously large # of hands (400+?) he could just be running bad and not gotten AK or AA...the most passive of players raise AK, AA, and KK, so I think we're more likely to be behind KJ or QT if we are behind. we've got outs against KJ and outs to chop against QT. I think his most likely candidate is the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifX/images/graemlins/diamond.gif or some other diamond hand.

Surf