PDA

View Full Version : 2 easy 5/10 hands...JJ and TT....

AZK
07-28-2005, 05:56 PM
5/10

Hand 1: I have a very aggressive image, but only against the loose crazybad maniac at the table, we have been really gunning for each other, he limps, I make it 50 with TT, mediocre/passive bad player calls 50, maniac makes it 130, I call, medicore moves in for 600, maniac calls, I push for 1200, putting maniac all in for another couple hundred.

Edit: So you all think I'm not a total nut, maniac had been pushing a lot preflop, heavy bets, over bets, trying to run the action, raising with any 2, calling, all in flop bets, etc. In short crazy. He does not need much to make this limp reraise, just a pulse.

Hand 2: Totally different table/time place, opponents, I have no reads, I just sat down. UTG remarks about how he is about to leave and go to dinner to smoeone at the table who he is friends with.

UTG makes it 50, I call with JJ, shorty goes all in for 200, UTG just calls, I move in.

wtfsvi
07-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Hand two is very good. He has QQ or AK, and he is folding it.

(I think.)

creedofhubris
07-28-2005, 07:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5/10

Hand 1: I have a very aggressive image, but only against the loose crazybad maniac at the table, we have been really gunning for each other, he limps, I make it 50 with TT, mediocre/passive bad player calls 50, maniac makes it 130, I call, medicore moves in for 600, maniac calls, I push for 1200, putting maniac all in for another couple hundred.

Edit: So you all think I'm not a total nut, maniac had been pushing a lot preflop, heavy bets, over bets, trying to run the action, raising with any 2, calling, all in flop bets, etc. In short crazy. He does not need much to make this limp reraise, just a pulse.

Hand 2: Totally different table/time place, opponents, I have no reads, I just sat down. UTG remarks about how he is about to leave and go to dinner to smoeone at the table who he is friends with.

UTG makes it 50, I call with JJ, shorty goes all in for 200, UTG just calls, I move in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like hand 2.

Hand 1, hmmmm. Nice overlay if they're just playing big cards, unless all four are out against you. Even nicer overlay if one of them has an underpair.

Dr. StrangeloveX
07-29-2005, 01:37 AM
Hand 2 you have no reads, so I assume they don't either. Does everyone fold QQ in villain's spot here, with no reads?

By "everyone" I mean people reading this thread.

creedofhubris
07-29-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 you have no reads, so I assume they don't either. Does everyone fold QQ in villain's spot here, with no reads?

By "everyone" I mean people reading this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm about to leave I'm folding AK for sure and QQ probably.

fimbulwinter
07-29-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2:

[/ QUOTE ]

are you typically cold calling an UTG raise in EP with AA/KK? I think that might be a hard sell. Moreover, if i had AA in that situation, i would surely not raise.

however, if he's leaving, he'll probably muck anything but KK/AA without thinking it through often enough to make this profitable.

fim

trevor
07-29-2005, 10:55 AM
How deep are we in hand 2 AZK? I have seen this line a lot (Open raise, cold-caller, short stack pushes, opener calls, cold-caller pushes ). Does it not look like you have a hand like JJ where you want to isolate the raiser right now? I especially see this in touranments. I have played a few AK hands like this where I was the original raiser and had to call because the price was right. I think he has exactly AK. So given my subjective analysis (hey, it's my theory) I am calling w/ QQ and AK given the price.

cero_z
07-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Hi AZK,

[ QUOTE ]
mediocre/passive bad player calls 50, maniac makes it 130, I call, medicore moves in for 600,

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? If a mediocre passive bad player cold-calls, then pushes after a reraise and a call, TT is good enough to wipe your ass with. Maybe "bad" is the operative word in your description, with "passive" being less true.

fanmail
07-29-2005, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi AZK,

[ QUOTE ]
mediocre/passive bad player calls 50, maniac makes it 130, I call, medicore moves in for 600,

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? If a mediocre passive bad player cold-calls, then pushes after a reraise and a call, TT is good enough to wipe your ass with. Maybe "bad" is the operative word in your description, with "passive" being less true.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what caught my attention as well. Isn't his hand just screaming monster?

AZK
07-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Maybe I need to find a better way to describe opponents...

In hand 1, when the 2nd caller initially called but then later pushed, I put him on AK. I can't explain why, I don't know how to classify his style, what would you think of an opp. that did that? He can't read me for being SO strong if I just call the maniac's lrr, it might have been better to just reraise, though I'm not sure if the 3rd guy folds.

FWIW, maniac had A6o, and mediocre had AK. I won.

Hand 2: UTG insta folded, Short stack showed QQ. I lost.

mythrilfox
07-29-2005, 02:22 PM
What you're "selling" doesn't really matter, it only matters what he has, and I think he folds here a pretty good majority of the time, not because he's leaving or whatever, but because QQ would probably isolate... that is if you have average stack sizes, say 100-150BB. If you're shorter, say like 60-70BB, I think this is a fold.

As for the shortstack, and assuming UTG folds, do you have to have him beat 33% of the time or something to make this play worth it? Coinflips cancel out, and the chances of a set (you sucking out on him or vice versa) also would cancel out. I don't know what I'm talking about really but 33% seems like the correct number. Short-stack pushing in over the top of an UTG raise and a cold-call shows a hell of a lot more strength than a late position battle.

So you have to figure, still, UTG has a bizarrely played AA-QQ some small % of the time, maybe 5-10% since he's unknown, and those times you lose your whole stack when you're trying to pick up an overlay that's half as large. And you don't even know if you're good against the short-stack.