PDA

View Full Version : HU strategy with overcards after you have raised from the blinds

FlyingStart
07-28-2005, 05:53 PM
I've been having some troubles with thes types of situations lately.

For example: I'm dealt AQ i the BB blinds, one limper and folded to me. I raise and the limper calls. The flops comes mixed cards from 2 to J. I bet the flop and he autocalls. I then check the turn unimproved and then.. he almost always bets and I fold..

Is this weak (maybe I should check the flop, perhaps checkraise)? or are these just the kinds of situations you have to accept?

deception5
07-28-2005, 06:00 PM
You should at least call the river bet here as you are inducing a bluff by checking the turn.

More often I will bet the turn and check behind on the river.

07-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Without a seriously coordinated board (i.e. 456 two suited, or 3 of one suit that I lack) I often bet the turn too. A majority of fish peel one off HU. If the limper calls the turn, the river is usually a c/c barring a read or a really scary river card.

JrJordan
07-28-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should at least call the river bet here as you are inducing a bluff by checking the turn.

More often I will bet the turn and check behind on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note Hero is in the blinds here and OOP.

This is a glaring weakness in my game, especially out of position. The answer really is a simple "it depends". Against many people it's appropriate to fire another bet on the turn since they may peel the flop with any 2. Against a loose passive who won't fold, often times it's better to just c/f the turn. Coordinated boards, sometimes worth firing to charge a draw and other times worth a fold since he may have hit. Sorry I can't help you more, but it's really just an acquired taste.