PDA

View Full Version : QQ Hand vs. Overcards...

xGoreDudex
07-28-2005, 03:46 PM
No real helpful reads, everyone seems to be fairly loose so far at this table, so I was glad to get my money in, however with as many callers as their were for this flop, would a fold have been correct?

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (21.40 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero?...

Just wondering what a good line to take, unfourtantley no real reads, just wondering how to protect this ladies if its at all possible.

07-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Hard to protect a hand that alrady may be beaten!

Your reads here should be everything, you got caped, yea QQ is great but if soemones capping you, your looking at AK, KK, AA, QQ (unlikely here) or JJ. Most of the time, I would say your already behind here unless these guys are total lunnies.Anyways you could always call through for the info and hope to spike a Q which is nearly assuredly a good out.
The post flop will prob about give you sufficent odds to call anyways. Try the hand reading challenging they post on here every once in a while...
cdl

gharp
07-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Getting about 22:1 I certainly wouldn't fold since you're probably drawing live to a Q. I don't think a raise does anything to protect your hand in a pot this big, so I'd just call here. Depending on the flop action and if UTG+2 leads the turn, I'd think about raising then.

@bsolute_luck
07-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Huge pot. not a horrible flop as both your Queen outs are clean, so call and hope for a miracle.

2+2 Junkie
07-28-2005, 03:56 PM
I would raise here to force the field to call two bets. Hopefully I would gain the button by doing this, but I doubt it. I would fold to a 3-bet, or if called, fold if bet into on the turn. With that many people, a K, and a flush draw, our hand isn't good most of the time I would guess.

irishpint
07-28-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would raise here to force the field to call two bets. Hopefully I would gain the button by doing this, but I doubt it. I would fold to a 3-bet, or if called, fold if bet into on the turn. With that many people, a K, and a flush draw, our hand isn't good most of the time I would guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dunno about this hand. raising and forcing them w/ 2 is kind of pointless since the pot is over 20 SB so they can call w/ just about anything anyway. i might just call and see what the turn brings. raising only gives people incentive to 3bet us i think.

imported_The Vibesman
07-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I would actually call here, you're almost getting immediate odds to draw to your two-outer, if you are behind which you would seem to be. Raising doesn't do much to protect your hand, it won't drive out anyone you are already behind, the flush draw isn't going anywhere either. Anyone you are ahead of other than the flush draw seems to be drawing thin. The pot's so big I think you have to go along, at least until it's two or three back to you on the turn or river. I do get that sinking feeling tho...

@bsolute_luck
07-28-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should probably rethink this whole thing /images/graemlins/smirk.gif