PDA

View Full Version : Some pictures of my elbow

Sponger15SB
07-28-2005, 03:33 PM
I had surgery about 53 weeks ago to fix my elbow after I fell skateboarding. I wanted to show some guys on this bodyboarding website and since they are already up on the web I am posting them here.

Uh, I am giving you the choice of not viewing them because they look kinda gross so please leave the thread now.....

Sponger15SB
07-28-2005, 03:34 PM
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5123/arm20fl.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2747/arm11hx.jpg

Shajen
07-28-2005, 03:35 PM
53 weeks? Do you mean a year ago?

Nice scar.

Are you using it to pick up the ladies?

Check out my sweet scar, ladies.

bosoxfan
07-28-2005, 03:36 PM
maybe you should find a different hobby.

ClaytonN
07-28-2005, 03:37 PM
hehe @ mirror in first picture

Sponger15SB
07-28-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hehe @ mirror in first picture

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you always gotta spend a few minutes flexing in front a your trophies every day. Makes a man feel good...

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/782/arm48ao.jpg

Sponger15SB
07-28-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you using it to pick up the ladies?

Check out my sweet scar, ladies.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the time...

"So you want to touch it?"

...and then I whip out my dick

Sponger15SB
07-28-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just skateboarding back from my girlfriends house. It wasn't like I was doing something crazy.

CORed
07-28-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or wear elbow pads.

benza13
07-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Maybe you shouldn't be a klutz then...

Sponger15SB
07-28-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you shouldn't be a klutz then...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was because it was my first time skateboarding, not because of the one in a bazillion chance that my back wheels would get caught on the curb/cement when I was skating into my driveway and I'd fall in such a way causing me to break my elbow in 3 places.

jakethebake
07-28-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just skateboarding back from my girlfriends house after drinking a bottle of vodka. It wasn't like I was doing something crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sponger15SB
07-28-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just skateboarding back from my girlfriends house after drinking a bottle of vodka. It wasn't like I was doing something crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, no vodka, just got done eating lunch and she had to go to work in like 20 minutes. She ended up hanging out with me at the hospital all day.

Talk2BigSteve
07-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Yeah I still have my Pinewood Derby Trophies from Cub Scouts too.

http://www.trophies2go.com/images/productimages/pine2c.jpg

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

gorie
07-29-2005, 12:07 AM
elbows rule! it's pretty much my favorite body part.
i think everyone should post pictures of their elbows.

-Skeme-
07-29-2005, 12:12 AM
That's not too gross. Did you have anything placed in it? That's the worst. I broke a finger and had to have 3, long pins put inside it. All 3 were protruding from the skin. It was sick. Removing them sucked, too. No anesthesia, just medical pliers and some gauze. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

BZ_Zorro
07-29-2005, 12:20 AM
Nice pics, but more importantly, Can you tell your ass from your elbow?!? (http://www.stupidstuff.org/ass_elbow/)

Seriously dude, as a blader (who are way cooler than skateboarders btw), I'm telling you to get some [censored] protective gear and put it on. Plus you can take more risks and learn better tricks.

Yeah, the scar sux. I got an identical one after a rockclimbing fall (crushed four vertebra too). [censored] happens.

billyjex
07-29-2005, 12:26 AM
skate or die bro

Sponger15SB
07-29-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's not too gross. Did you have anything placed in it? That's the worst. I broke a finger and had to have 3, long pins put inside it. All 3 were protruding from the skin. It was sick. Removing them sucked, too. No anesthesia, just medical pliers and some gauze. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I have 3 pins and a wire, I could have gotten them out early this year I'm just a lazy [censored]. It hurts to hit [censored] with my elbow, I'm an idiot to not get them out sooner.

I might get them taken out late august/september though.

Last summer about 2 weeks before I broke myself, my good friend from high school broke both his feet at UCLA jumping off a 20+ foot wall. He was in a wheel chair and had pins sticking out of 1 foot, it was nasty.

It was also cool trying to push him around with 1 arm and then having people stare at us like we were a bunch of cripples, and then telling them we were in a hit and run car accident with a drunk driver before we burst up in maniacal laughter.

SamIAm
07-29-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm telling you to get some [censored] protective gear and put it on.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is silly. He wasn't trying to do tricks; he was trying to get home. I don't wear protective gear when I jog, either.

As for Sponger,[ QUOTE ]
It hurts to hit [censored] with my elbow

[/ QUOTE ]If there's ANYTHING you learned from this, it's how to fix that problem.

Don't hit [censored] with your elbow.
-Sam

BZ_Zorro
07-29-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it was because it was my first time skateboarding, not because of the one in a bazillion chance that my back wheels would get caught on the curb/cement when I was skating into my driveway and I'd fall in such a way causing me to break my elbow in 3 places.

[/ QUOTE ]
This [censored] happens when you skateboard and don't know how to fall. Which is why protective gear was invented. He got a scar being a [censored]. Big deal.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't wear protective gear when I jog, either.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is silly.

Sponger15SB
07-29-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This [censored] happens when you skateboard and don't know how to fall. Which is why protective gear was invented. He got a scar being a [censored]. Big deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its kind of hard to put yourself in a position to fall when your board stops instantly and you go flying and before you can blink you're already screwed. I have fallen enough before to know not to land with the force of my entire body on my elbow. Do you really think I broke my elbow because I "didn't know how to fall"???

And everyone who says to wear safety gear is stupid. Nobody I know who skates to and from peoples houses or school has EVER EVER EVER had any sort of protection besides alcohol.

Can someone who actually skates please back me up on this so I don't have to deal with a bunch clueless people in this thread.

BZ_Zorro
07-29-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its kind of hard to put yourself in a position to fall when your board stops instantly and you go flying and before you can blink you're already screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's not.

Sponger15SB
07-29-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its kind of hard to put yourself in a position to fall when your board stops instantly and you go flying and before you can blink you're already screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I forgot you were there and you knew exactly how I fell.

edit - I didn't land on my feet. I went straight from being on the board, to landing completely on my elbow with full force.

Please just stop posting in this thread, your input is completely worthless.

BZ_Zorro
07-29-2005, 03:09 AM
Sorry, I'll try again.

OmfG d00d!! awsum scar man!!

TBag
07-29-2005, 03:14 AM
During school I skate to and from class on my longboard, everyone else bikes, friggin Davis (#1 per capita for bikes! WHOOO). Anyways, wearing elbow and kneepads to and from class would probably make you look like a big fat smelly vagina.

Sponger15SB
07-29-2005, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
friggin Davis (#1 per capita for bikes! WHOOO).

[/ QUOTE ]

Most likely this is BS, cause I've heard the exact same thing for Isla Vista (town right next to UCSB where everyone lives) which could also be BS.

Most people I know break/get stolen 2-3 bikes a year.

-Skeme-
07-29-2005, 04:50 AM
Did you cry?

NorCalJosh
07-29-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice pics, but more importantly, Can you tell your ass from your elbow?!? (http://www.stupidstuff.org/ass_elbow/)

Seriously dude, as a blader (who are way cooler than skateboarders btw), I'm telling you to get some [censored] protective gear and put it on. Plus you can take more risks and learn better tricks.

Yeah, the scar sux. I got an identical one after a rockclimbing fall (crushed four vertebra too). [censored] happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

do "bladers" really still exist? i thought that [censored] died out in like 95.

billyjex
07-29-2005, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

all my skater friends in high school would call them "fruity booters." i bet big steve used to roller blade.

-Skeme-
07-29-2005, 05:15 AM
Pretty sure it's just "fruit booters." Either way, roller blading is fun.

Talk2BigSteve
07-29-2005, 07:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

all my skater friends in high school would call them "fruity booters." i bet big steve used to roller blade.

[/ QUOTE ]

You lose that bet, I don't strap wheels to my feet. I don't even move fast. If something i want isn't there when I get there, then I didn't need it.

Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

The once and future king
07-29-2005, 07:42 AM
Does this mean you have been out of the water for some time?

For all the true surfers in your line up:

Skateboard and curb we salute you.

Mason Hellmuth
07-29-2005, 07:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
For as much [censored] as you're talking about safety gear, you'd have to do something wrong to hurt yourself this badly climbing.

SamIAm
07-29-2005, 08:35 AM
Q: What's the hardest part about roller-blading?

[results in white below]

A: <font color="white">Telling your father you're gay.</font>

-Sam

sleight
07-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Oooh, a declaration of coolness surrounding blading and an admonition to wear pads. What is this, Sesame Street? Do your elbow pads match your spandex? Are they the same color as your brake too? What about your finger-less gloves? Do they have aerodynamic fins? Can you do a double daffy?

somethingstupid
07-30-2005, 03:04 AM
OMG GRODY GROSSSY GROSS

Riskwise
07-30-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
elbows rule! it's pretty much my favorite body part.
i think everyone should post pictures of their elbows.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur an idiot