PDA

View Full Version : KK weak kicker, villain makes a stab at the pot

CaptainCrunch
07-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Ok, I'm posting this hand because this is indicative of some play I've been seeing from a number of opponents now that I'm playing the new 6 max .5/1 tables on Party. I've seen this situation arise 3-4 times a night, and I'm having trouble pegging it until after the showdown. The table will be down to 4 or so players, and I'll loosen up a bit if I seeing at least 2 of them playing "any hand" to the river.

villain has been raising most flops pf, trying to either steal, or make the pots worth betting over. Which is fine with me.
He's 56.04/6.59/.94 over 90 or so hands.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Button folds, Hero calls.

I bet here, because is lack of PF raise made me think he didn't have any face cards. (I'd seen him raise UTG with A2o 2 hands previous, typical of his play so far)
His raise makes me think he's maybe got some low flush making cards. My lack of kicker for the K's makes me cautious.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

He doesn't bet, I'm thinking maybe he doesn't have the flush, but a weak King like me?

River: (4 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ?

I'm just not sure what to do on this street. Should have bet, and folded to a raise? or what?

Final Pot: 4 BB

gharp
07-28-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should have bet, and folded to a raise? or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that the only hand that beats you is QQ or the incredibly unlikely J/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, right?

Sightless
07-28-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just not sure what to do on this street. Should have bet, and folded to a raise? or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

you have a full house?

CaptainCrunch
07-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Right, I'm stupid.

Sorry. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

@bsolute_luck
07-28-2005, 04:03 PM
fold preflop.

TomBrooks
07-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Fold preflop.

Rest of hand is irrelevant because you fold this preflop.

TomBrooks
07-28-2005, 08:06 PM
Crap. I just went back and looked at the rest of the hand out of curiousity and see that you bet into a monoflush, straight-coordinated board without any straight or flush chances yourself. Yuk. Anyway, it doesn't matter because your going to fold this preflop from now on.

OrianasDaad
07-28-2005, 08:44 PM
I'm not too familiar with 4-handed play, but I would probably have folded this pre-flop.

Flops like this are what make me fold K5o in the sb. I don't know what the best play is here. After leading out, I think calling is OK.

Turn is OK, I guess. He could have hit trips or still have your K beat.

[ QUOTE ]
Should have bet, and folded to a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold??! You can't fold here! As I'm sure someone has pointed out by now, you have the 3rd nuts (possibly tied) and a loose, aggressive opponent checked behind on the turn. Because of this, he doesn't have J/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif or QQ.

Another check might be in order, to get him to bluff at you, but that's pretty FPS. Lead the river, and if he raises, then attempt to cap it. I'm playing it the same way if a 3rd Q comes, since I'm certain Villian doesn't have one.

I'm leading the river on any card that isn't a 9, T, J, A or spade, and calling a raise. In those other cases I'm check-calling.

Oh, and make sure you edit out the final pot size. It's easy to see what you actually did in this hand.