PDA

View Full Version : Not Eating Food For A Day

theBruiser500
07-28-2005, 02:37 PM
hi i'm not going to eat any food for the whole day just water, until i wake up tomorrow for fun. anyone want to do it with me see if you can do it? the food will taste extra good tomorrow.

Brainwalter
07-28-2005, 02:38 PM
lol you should have asked earlier, I might have done it.

jakethebake
07-28-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm betting you haven't eaten any real food since that steak you had in Vegas anyway. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jokerthief
07-28-2005, 02:39 PM
I've been thinking about trying this for a while. I'm in.

sfer
07-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Bruiser, I see your shoes everywhere now. I think you started this trend.

nolanfan34
07-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Nolanfan's plan to improve OOT:

More Bruiser, less everyone else.

Bruiser, I'd try this, but I can barely make it until lunch without passing out. No way I could do this.

I look forward to the follow up though.

IndieMatty
07-28-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nolanfan's plan to improve OOT:

More Bruiser, less everyone else.

Bruiser, I'd try this, but I can barely make it until lunch without passing out. No way I could do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see a Bruiser - Spaceman Bryce discussion thread.

New001
07-28-2005, 02:45 PM
I've done this a few times. It's not worth the trouble, you just end up with a headache around 6:00pm or so. Or at least, I do. GL.

Shajen
07-28-2005, 02:47 PM
Allow me:

Bruiser: I'm not gonna tie my shoes for a month.

SpacemanBryce: I like cheese.

PokerBob
07-28-2005, 02:47 PM
I will, but I just ate lunch

jakethebake
07-28-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Allow me:

Bruiser: I'm not gonna tie my shoes for a month.

SpacemanBryce: I like cheese.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome...just awesome. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is easily POTY.

theBruiser500
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why it will be fun. many people around the world go without food for a longer time than this and have no choice. after not eating for a day me and you will be able to order a lot of good sushi though, try it, accept the challenge and do not be a little girl.

TimM
I should try this tomorrow. Getting through the day should be the easy part. I think the biggest problem will be sleeping that night.

meep_42
07-28-2005, 02:49 PM
I do this all the time playing live poker.

-d

TheWorstPlayer
07-28-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why it will be fun. many people around the world go without food for a longer time than this and have no choice. after not eating for a day me and you will be able to order a lot of good sushi though, try it, accept the challenge and do not be a little girl.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh nice, in honor of the people who have to go without food for long periods of time, you will also not eat for an entire day. While wagering thousands of dollars on cards.

nolanfan34
07-28-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
try it, accept the challenge and do not be a little girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh [censored], bruiser is calling me out!

I see your point, but I'd rather be a little girl with a full stomach.

kerssens
07-28-2005, 02:52 PM
You gonna eat that stapler?

meep_42
07-28-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You gonna eat that stapler?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna split it?

-d

jakethebake
07-28-2005, 02:55 PM
How's the piano practice going, Bruiser?

sfer
07-28-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh nice, in honor of the people who have to go without food for long periods of time, you will also not eat for an entire day. While wagering thousands of dollars on cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said it's in honor of anything? To me it reads like "it happens all the time--I should be able to do it easily."

TheWorstPlayer
07-28-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said it's in honor of anything? To me it reads like "it happens all the time--I should be able to do it easily."

[/ QUOTE ]
Why mention that they have no choice? If the point is just that he should be able to do it, the fact that other people are forced to do it is completely irrelevant.

sfer
07-28-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why mention that they have no choice? If the point is just that he should be able to do it, the fact that other people are forced to do it is completely irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. I guess you can ignore Bruiser from now on because of his hypocrisy.

TheWorstPlayer
07-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Why would I do that? I really enjoy his posts - both strategic and non-strategic. I just thought it was a funny little thing to point out.

Sponger15SB
07-28-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm betting you haven't eaten any real food since that steak you had in Vegas anyway. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. I drove him to an indian food market in Santa Barbara when we were both up there. He walks in with a cook book and wanders around for 20 minutes finding a bunch of crap to cook one meal. It ended up costing $10 for a bunch of rice and leaves and coconut juice.

Yuuuuuuuuck...

Shajen
07-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Why in the hell would anyone want to ignore bruiser?

He's a quality poster man.

His approach to life is refreshing to a lot of us.

megantw
07-28-2005, 03:33 PM
I wish that you had shown up while I still had a crush on you. Now it's just bittersweet to see your avatar.

SCfuji
07-28-2005, 03:43 PM
are you trying to lose weight or just doing this for the heck of it...?

jakethebake
07-28-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
are you trying to lose weight or just doing this for the heck of it...?

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you haven't seen Bruiser?

SCfuji
07-28-2005, 03:47 PM
no, but by your response i take it he is big boned. im no doctor but im pretty sure starving yourself isnt the best way to lose weight, nor is it healthy.

MEbenhoe
07-28-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hi i'm not going to eat any food for the whole day just water, until i wake up tomorrow for fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a twisted perception of the word fun.

jakethebake
07-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Bruiser is the little guy in the middle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/pwarcham/OOTtub.jpg

SCfuji
07-28-2005, 03:51 PM
i see no guys in this picture. did you post the wrong pic?

TimM
07-28-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bruiser is the little guy in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not eating for a day is the last thing he needs.

ClaytonN
07-28-2005, 03:59 PM
I still laugh at eugene every time I see that pic.

SCfuji
07-28-2005, 04:02 PM
his name is eugene? )!(@#*)!(@*#)(!@# not all of us eugene's sit in jacuzzis with a bunch of other 'men'. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Zygote
07-28-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hi i'm not going to eat any food for the whole day just water, until i wake up tomorrow for fun. anyone want to do it with me see if you can do it? the food will taste extra good tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting idea. this is similar to the guidelines for the 30-hour-famine. Also, jews fast, without water, once year for attonement. Muslims fast for a month for the same reason, but they can eat after the sunsets each day (i think?). I'm sure other cultures and religions have similar practices.

As a piece of advice, don't stuff yourself when you are done. I can assure you will feel very sick if you do.

WDC
07-28-2005, 04:07 PM
I have had to do this on occasion for medical reasons. It's really not that hard. Earlier this summer I was in the hospital and nothing by mouth for 28 days. That sucked.

Keep yourself busy and it will not be a problem stay inside. If you go outside and work up any kind of sweat you must take a sports drink. Taking only water will flush all the electolytes out of your system. If your lounging in the house only water should not be a problem.

Zygote
07-28-2005, 04:11 PM
where the chicks? i guess shouldn't expect much from 2+2ers...

Stuey
07-28-2005, 05:01 PM
If you do this and get a headache you should ask yourself why. Is it from a lack of food? Unlikely

It is more likely caused by your withdrawal from things you did not know you were addicted to. Sugar, caffeine, or your blood sugar is to high or to low. It is not normal for the body to not be able to maintain a proper blood sugar level. Many people today have trouble with their blood sugars due to abuse over a period of years or their whole life.

Stop eating all sugar and caffeine and everyone will have a headache even if they eat normal amounts of food.

AZK
07-28-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jews do this every year for 1 day, sometimes 2. No water either. I don't see what the big deal is. This isn't fun by the way.

[ QUOTE ]
the food will taste extra good tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true.

AZK
07-28-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stop eating all sugar and caffeine and everyone will have a headache even if they eat normal amounts of food.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt bruiser drinks coffee. He comes off as one of those au natural in what I eat, caffeine is a drug type guys that wouldn't drink coffee just because of that. He's also young and doesn't sound like someone who would drink coffee.

Lawrence Ng
07-28-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are being serious Bruiser, I think this is a pretty stupid idea. Rather if you doing it in belief of a stronger good then I support your cause. (IE say if you want to see what true hunger feels like for those who live in parts of the world that often go without food for more than a day, then yes I say what you are doing is worthy). However to say that you are going without food for a day just for "fun" is a pretty mean testament.

Lawrence

Stuey
07-28-2005, 05:23 PM
My post is not directed at bruiser or anyone in particular. I just wanted to point out that a headache might be caused by other reasons than a lack of food.

I am surprised that the replies here are not more supportive. I assumed everyone fasted for a day at least once every year.

gl bruiser it is a good idea

kerssens
07-28-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am surprised that the replies here are not more supportive. I assumed everyone fasted for a day at least once every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you think this?

moondogg
07-28-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

gl bruiser it is a good idea

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people would be more supportive if there was some sort of reason for it.

Fasting for a day as some sort of sacrifice (religious reasons, hunger awareness, etc) is arguably a good idea.

Fasting for a day just for the hell of it (for "fun", or because food will taste better the next day) strikes me a remarkably stupid.

Stuey
07-28-2005, 05:48 PM
It is only a day.

I do it often. If I don't feel good, if I am busy, if I can't get good food, if I think a certain food is causing an allergy. The only way to understand which foods make you feel good or bad is to isolate them. That is stop eating till the symptoms pass then eat it by itself and see if it is the culprit.

So I assumed everyone had stopped eating for a day at some point for one of the above reasons or the many I did not list. Everyone might have a different reason but I thought everyone would have done it.

Your body didn’t come with a manual you have to figure it out by yourself. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stuey
07-28-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fasting for a day just for the hell of it (for "fun", or because food will taste better the next day) strikes me a remarkably stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has a reason and people here don't like it he knows he will get grief from the people here.

Finding out something new through experimentation is very fun and when it is about your health it is more than worth the risk of finding out it might have been a wasted effort.

theBruiser500
07-28-2005, 07:11 PM
what is the idea behind religious fasting?

kerssens
07-28-2005, 08:13 PM
When I was 10 we thought I was allergic to strawberries, I ate grapes instead. I don't see how I'd ever be too busy to eat, or could ever forget to eat, usually my stomach reminds me.

p.s. I'm not allergic to strawberries.

Stuey
07-28-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Many individuals confuse food allergy with food intolerance, which is much more common and not as severe. Food intolerance involves the inability of the body to digest a substance, leading to symptoms of discomfort (e.g., stomach cramping) but that pose little danger. Food intolerance often allows the individual to eat small portions of a problem food without experiencing symptoms. With a food allergy, even a very small portion of a food allergen can cause an allergic reaction.

True food allergies occur in roughly 1 to 2 percent of adults and 3 to 8 percent of children, according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. About 90 percent of all food allergies have been traced to the following foods:

Cow’s milk
Eggs
Peanuts
Tree nuts (e.g., almonds, walnuts)
Wheat
Soybeans
Fish
Shellfish

[/ QUOTE ]

Good chance you were not allergic to the strawberries but had intolerance for them as a child. Children have more food intolerances and as they get older they can disappear or the symptoms are so mild the person does not connect them to the food. I'm not an expert but I do know that for myself many foods cause mild symptoms that I just got used to living with. That's why a fast can open your eyes to things you never considered. Something to think about thats for sure. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stuey
07-28-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what is the idea behind religious fasting?

[/ QUOTE ]

long answer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasting)

A shorter one

Fast, Fasting

Depriving oneself of food for a period of time for a specific purpose, often spiritual. It is the "weakening" of the body in order to "strengthen" the spirit. It is interesting to note that sin entered the world through the disobedience of eating (Gen. 3:6).

I'm not religious so I don't really know either. But don't eat for long enough and you will have some weird experiences I'm sure! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

07-28-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the food will taste extra good tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

oooh it is quite true! well maybe a day isn't long enough. as a lightweight rower i can't eat for about 4 weeks. if i eat something that has more then 50cals in it now, i get off more then sex. (err sorry babe if you're reading this :P)

krazyace5
07-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Been there, done that......

Nottom
07-28-2005, 10:16 PM
I've done this a few times, never on purpose. Usually involved playing games in front of a computer all day and just never getting around to eating.

Seems pretty stupid to purposely do it if its not part of a bet.

Zygote
07-28-2005, 10:28 PM
The two fasts that are the longest in the Jewish calender are Tisha B'Av, and Yom Kipur. Both are only about 28 hours. There are several half day fasts throughout the year as well, though.

pokerdirty
07-28-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hi i'm not going to eat any food for the whole day just beer, until i wake up tomorrow for fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would have been the way to go...

eric5148
07-28-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i can't eat for about 4 weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your either dead or lying.

asofel
07-29-2005, 01:14 PM
results?

ChipWrecked
07-29-2005, 01:25 PM
I thought I had a killer set of man boobs. But I fold.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/aksooted/OOTtub.jpg

asofel
07-29-2005, 01:27 PM
i'm eating lunch dude.....seriously, not cool.

Alobar
07-29-2005, 01:29 PM
I actually did this not to long ago (couple months). There are billions of people in this world who don't get to eat everyday, and I realized I had no idea what that was like, so I did it. (it sucked). I also went a day without talking, spent 24 hours homeless, and spent a day as a day laborer (not all on the same day).

I have it good.

BruceZ
07-29-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually did this not to long ago (couple months). There are billions of people in this world who don't get to eat everyday, and I realized I had no idea what that was like, so I did it. (it sucked).

[/ QUOTE ]

It's easier for them than it is for you. When you don't eat for awhile, your stomach gets smaller, and your appetite decreases. When I want to lose weight, I go on an all-liquid diet, consuming nothing but fruit and vegetable juices, 2 protein powder shakes, a multivitamin, and fiber tablets, for months. That's around 500 calories per day, almost all of which is from the shakes, but the funny thing is that I eventually get so that I don't even bother with the shakes, and I'll do just a couple glasses of juice a day for several days in a row until I force myself to take in more calories to keep from losing muscle. All this while either lifting weights or running 5 miles 6 days a week, and making sure my strength does not decrease. I just don't think about food anymore. Food is addictive.

I don't recommend this diet to anyone as there are potential dangers. It's just what works for me.

MaxPower
07-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Not only do Jews do this on Yom Kippur, they also stand around in temple all day praying.

Drinking water makes this a lot easier. Its very difficult without water.

Its one thing to fast when you are sitting at home watching TV or playing poker, its a lot harder when you have to stand up and read Hebrew all day dressed in a suit.

Bruiser, I suggest you break your fast with a Bagel with Cream Cheese and Lox. That is the way I always do it.

theBruiser500
07-29-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not only do Jews do this on Yom Kippur, they also stand around in temple all day praying.

Drinking water makes this a lot easier. Its very difficult without water.

Its one thing to fast when you are sitting at home watching TV or playing poker, its a lot harder when you have to stand up and read Hebrew all day dressed in a suit.

Bruiser, I suggest you break your fast with a Bagel with Cream Cheese and Lox. That is the way I always do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a good idea maxpower but i already broke my fast yesterday with sushi. for the record, i think bagel, salmon, tomatoe, red onion and green onion is superior and one of the best meals around (organic tomatos that smell like real tomatos).

jakethebake
07-29-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that's a good idea maxpower but i already broke my fast yesterday with sushi. for the record, i think bagel, salmon, tomatoe, red onion and green onion is superior and one of the best meals around (organic tomatos that smell like real tomatos).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a meal. That's a meal's meal.

asofel
07-29-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a meal. That's a meal's meal.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao. I think this is your first post that actually took me a second to think about before understanding /images/graemlins/grin.gif

somethingstupid
07-30-2005, 03:05 AM
stick to nl

whiskeytown
07-30-2005, 03:36 AM
every time I went without food for a day I picked up a nasty case of the hershey squirts -

something about skipping food gave me those - so I try not to do it anymore /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

JaBlue
07-30-2005, 03:46 AM
wow that's a distracting avatar

JohnG
08-08-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I fasted for 3 days last week, using just distilled water and a few herbs. Then went the next 4 days with just organic fruit and distilled water with the herbs. It was extremely easy. Zero hunger or desire for food. Do it right, and it's the best thing you can do for health. I think the prior 4 weeks on a parasite cleanse helped a lot as I lost all food cravings, and believe me I used to crave a lot of shitty food. Cravings were a real problem for me and going a day or 2 without food would have been impossible prior to the parasite cleanse. Losing those cravings I have had for years was a miracle in my eyes.

I did have a few headaches and stuff during the fast, which may make some people stop the fast/fruit diet, but they would be wrong to do so as it is just a sign that the body is removing accumulated waste from the body. After 3 days I was amazed to find an improvement with my eyesight. For the first time in years I could walk around all day without glasses and only needed them for tv or driving.

I also did a liver flush towards the end of the week. Pretty freaky.

When I broke the fast, the food didn't taste or feel great. Quite the opposite. I saw it for the garbage it is.

andyfox
08-08-2005, 11:51 PM
I'll go half a day. I have a physical at 11:00 and must not eat anything after midnight tonight.

JohnG
08-08-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no, but by your response i take it he is big boned. im no doctor but im pretty sure starving yourself isnt the best way to lose weight, nor is it healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done right, it is the most healthy thing in the world. It is natures way of cleaning out the body.

astroglide
08-09-2005, 12:03 AM
Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

JohnG
08-09-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you are a complete [censored] nutjob

[/ QUOTE ]

For reporting my experience? Um, ok.

Were the likes of William Howard Hay and Arnold Ehret nutjobs too?

I love these 2+2 know it alls with their head stuck up their arses.

astroglide
08-09-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do it right, and it's the best thing you can do for health

[/ QUOTE ]

fasting is the "best" thing you can do for your health = clown

[ QUOTE ]
prior 4 weeks on a parasite cleanse

[/ QUOTE ]

parasite/power/colon/etc cleanse = clown

[ QUOTE ]
it is just a sign that the body is removing accumulated waste from the body

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a sign you haven't eaten in a few days

[ QUOTE ]
I was amazed to find an improvement with my eyesight

[/ QUOTE ]

translation: clown

[ QUOTE ]
I also did a liver flush

[/ QUOTE ]

"flush" and "cleanse" are both in the same clown zone

[ QUOTE ]
I saw it for the garbage it is

[/ QUOTE ]

pseudoscience is garbage

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

theBruiser500
08-09-2005, 01:42 AM
astroglide i think you are out of line here. johng is just saying how it was for him. in addition, have you ever tried what he's suggesting glide? if not you are not in a position to say it's a bad idea let alone call him a clown.

JohnG
08-09-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do it right, and it's the best thing you can do for health

[/ QUOTE ]

fasting is the "best" thing you can do for your health = clown

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, so you are saying that people such as William Howard Hay and Arnold Ehret, amongst other experts on the subject are clowns. You know this because...?

Have you any idea what effects fasting and correct diet has on health?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is just a sign that the body is removing accumulated waste from the body

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a sign you haven't eaten in a few days

[/ QUOTE ]

I bow down to your superior intellect.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was amazed to find an improvement with my eyesight

[/ QUOTE ]

translation: clown

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it didn't happen.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I also did a liver flush

[/ QUOTE ]

"flush" and "cleanse" are both in the same clown zone

[/ QUOTE ]

The stones that came out must have been imaginary.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I saw it for the garbage it is

[/ QUOTE ]

pseudoscience is garbage

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me, but I prefer to go by results rather than some intellectual bullshit.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[/ QUOTE ]

And why would that be? Everything they have said has been supported by my experience on the matter. If getting results that have amazed me makes me a nut job or a clown, then I am happy to be one. At least I'm a healthier nutjob than I was before.

Seeming as you are arrogant enough to dismiss these 2 world renowned experts as nutjobs, I assume you are an expert yourself, and you and your family are obviously the picture of perfect health and vitality. Not to mention the thousands of patients you have helped cure and become healthy.

JohnG
08-09-2005, 01:58 AM
BTW, I forgot to mention that it has helped my Grandad considerably. He was practically a zombie with zero energy. More or less had lost the will to live because of his state. 3 weeks after starting to clear the accumulated waste that was poisening him, he is more energetic and feeling much better, and is feeling very enthusiastic about getting more into it. But again, what do results matter. I'm happy to be a nutjob if it helps my grandad's quality of life.

Did you have a bad experience in the past or something?

ChipWrecked
08-09-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
every time I went without food for a day I picked up a nasty case of the hershey squirts -

something about skipping food gave me those - so I try not to do it anymore /images/graemlins/grin.gif

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

You, um, probably should have skipped the booze, too. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SammyKid11
08-09-2005, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't read the whole thread, so someone may have already said this. But the food won't taste extra good tomorrow -- it will, however, make you sicker than a dog if you don't start out with something as bland as a cracker and ease your way in.

jakethebake
08-09-2005, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fasted for 3 days last week, using just distilled water and a few herbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basil? Thyme?

astroglide
08-09-2005, 01:04 PM
bruiser, "don't knock it until you try it" is an idiot's argument. are you unwilling to advise people that smoking crack is a bad idea because you haven't?

i could get "parasite cleansing" until i was blue in the face. unless i had objective, reproduceable evidence that i had a "parasite problem" and was able to objectively and reproduceably prove that it was solved it's basically meaningless to me. it might make me feel good, but freebasing skittles might too if i didn't know what they were and i really believed that they would.

saying "this sort of thing makes me feel good" is miles apart from "this is the best thing you can do for your health". one is "i enjoy this and thought it made me feel better" and the other is asserting that everybody will have the same effects and that it is factually and veritably beneficial. saying it's the BEST thing one can do for their health in particular i s laughable compared to, say, regular exercise or any other obvious lifestyle improvement.

johng is free to enjoy what he enjoys, and i certainly won't argue whether or not he does. for facts on one of his fads he can talk to a gasteroenterologist or whoever does colonoscopies to hear about what is in a normal person's colon. they have cameras. maybe his father has had one and could recount for him the lack of worms or ropes that came out of his ass when he prepared for it. putting the two pieces of information together, one can see how the "supplements" given to "assist" cleansings are actually the generators of the objects that are later dispelled. quacks make money by making up problems and solving them.

poker-penguin
08-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Well, I'm semi-fasting today (had a couple slices of toast for breakfast and will have another couple when the sun goes down).

It's nearly 2pm, and I'm already hungry and wanting to eat. I am a soft fat westerner. Maybe I'll make a nice curry tonight and eat that.

It's sad - I can't even skip lunch.

JohnG
08-09-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
saying it's the BEST thing one can do for their health in particular i s laughable compared to, say, regular exercise or any other obvious lifestyle improvement.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know this because...

[ QUOTE ]
for facts on one of his fads he can talk to a gasteroenterologist or whoever does colonoscopies to hear about what is in a normal person's colon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes mate, I have zero idea about the facts. BTW, the colon is responsible for only a small percentage of waste removal. But then, I don't even remember mentioning the colon.

Does something that is centuries old count as a fad? Doesn't match my definition. Is it a fad for animals to fast when sick? Nature and it's fads eh.

[ QUOTE ]
putting the two pieces of information together, one can see how the "supplements" given to "assist" cleansings are actually the generators of the objects that are later dispelled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like quakery to me. Do you think I am dumb or something that I wouldn't notice something like this? Only you are that clever? Don't tell me, someone told you or you read it somewhere, and you accepted it as fact without question.

You don't know what supplements I took, and neither do you know what was expelled by the various cleanses, other than when I mentioned the liver cleanse. I don't recall mentioning anything else about it. You seem to be making assumptions.

With regards the liver cleanse, are you suggesting the olive oil and grapefruit juice generated the stones that came out? Are you saying the thousands of people that have had positive health results from cleaning the liver all imagined it?

[ QUOTE ]
quacks make money by making up problems and solving them.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit like the medical profession with it's drugs and surgery? I hear there's quite a bit of profit in it. And people have never been healthier as a result.

And to think of the $10 I spent on the liver flush, not to mention all those dollars I spent on fruit. What a rip off. These quacks making millions off me like that.

JohnG
08-09-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fasted for 3 days last week, using just distilled water and a few herbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basil? Thyme?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I can't remember the exact details. It was various recipes. I think they were based on John Christopher formulas.

Arnfinn Madsen
08-09-2005, 06:08 PM
1 day is piece of cake, I remembered when I entered into the 3rd day it started to get hard (not adviseable). 1 day will make you feel much better afterwards and is actually worth it. Drink a lot of water, more than you even would think.

astroglide
08-09-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think I am dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

head over to a local pub and ask the bartender for a "cement mixer". it's an oral parasite cleanser, no tricks. be sure to tip!

theBruiser500
08-09-2005, 06:26 PM
why did you do 3 days arfin madson