PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate heads-up matches

valenzuela
07-28-2005, 02:29 PM
For those who dont know an ultimate heads-up match consists of:
-Pot Limit Omaha Hi Freezeout, 100x the BB starting stacks, no blinds increment.
-Rock paper scissors, the first to win 10 times wins the game.
-Checkers, custom yahoo checkers rules. The loser of the RPS challenge chooses color.
-Tennis, the first to win 2 sets, the final set has no tiebreak.
-Hotdog eating competition, the one who eats most hotdogs on 12 minutes wins.

So who would win.

Tom1975
07-28-2005, 02:47 PM
My money's on Negreanu in the hot dog eating contest.

LotsOfOuts69
07-28-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Especially since he wouldn't even eat the bun that touched a hot dog.

Slim Pickens
07-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Ditka would win even if he were 18" tall and had one arm amputated.

CieloAzor
07-28-2005, 03:56 PM
PL Omaha - Advantage Negreanu
RPS - Push
Checkers - Advantage Sklansky
Tennis - Advantage Negreanu
Hotdog eating - Advantage Sklansky

This one was close, but I think Sklansky's average edge in these games is larger. I'm assuming Negreanu isn't allowed to eat some kind of tofu-dog, which basically means he's forfeiting one of the competitions.

PL Omaha - Advantage Matusow
RPS - Push
Checkers - Advantage Raymer
Tennis - Advantage Matusow
Hotdog eating - Advantage Raymer

Once again, I think Raymer has the bigger edges here as he's probably not much of a dog in the Omaha freezeout. If he can swing that one in his favor or get lucky in the RPS, he takes it.

IronDragon1
07-28-2005, 04:06 PM
I like this idea a lot but I would personally go with
-heads up HORSE instead of PLO
-more repitions of rock paper scissors

valenzuela
07-28-2005, 04:08 PM
I think Matusow > Raymer in hot-dog eating, matusow seems more like they guy willing to eat hot-dogs to beat his oponent, it would be nice to get some inside from raymer himself.
No, negreanu isnt allowed to eat tofu hot-dogs, however I think that if hes tied at 2, he will just eat meat .( only against sklansky, I cant think of any other oponent in which u can get him to eat hotdogs)

Easy E
07-28-2005, 04:10 PM
those who dont know an ultimate heads-up match consists of

Consists of these according to whom?

quinn
07-28-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

RPS - Push

[/ QUOTE ]

Negreanu is almost certain to have the advantage in rock paper scissors.

ceczar
07-28-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if there were real reason to believe Negreanu would have an advantage in RPS, then Sklansky would almost certainly just randomize, making it a push by construction. This is pretty much the only one we can be sure of here.

Nathan183
07-28-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if there were real reason to believe Negreanu would have an advantage in RPS, then Sklansky would almost certainly just randomize, making it a push by construction. This is pretty much the only one we can be sure of here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't be truly random. If Negreanu was taking the competition seriously, which I'm sure he would, he would certainly have a pattern mapper.

MrMon
07-28-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

PL Omaha - Advantage Matusow
RPS - Push
Checkers - Advantage Raymer
Tennis - Advantage Matusow
Hotdog eating - Advantage Raymer

[/ QUOTE ]

Raymer was a raquetball champ in college. Even given his current physical condition, I wouldn't rule him out. If he can serve at all, he's probably a favorite.

valenzuela
07-28-2005, 09:39 PM
I did.

psyduck
07-28-2005, 10:20 PM
PL Omaha - Negreanu
RPS - Sklansky EASY
Checkers - Sklansky EASY
Tennis - Negreanu WTF OF COURSE LOOK HOW CHUBBY SKLANSKY IS
Hotdog - 50/50

RowdyZ
07-28-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Especially since he wouldn't even eat the bun that touched a hot dog.

[/ QUOTE ]
David could use real meat hot dogs and Daniel could use tofu dogs. Advantage David, those tofu dogs are nasty and the more your chew the bigger they become in your mouth Daniel would be lucky ot eat 1 in 12 minutes.

RZ

jhodges
07-28-2005, 10:44 PM
Believe it or not Greg would kill Mike in tennis. He is a great raquetball player and that skill does translate a bit to the tennis court. Mike is probably more out of aerobic shape than Greg also(even though he is smaller) ...did you see the Aruba WPT event Mike made the final table in?

valenzuela
07-28-2005, 11:43 PM
My analasys is the following one( I asked citanul to review it, citanul had an offer that u could ask him an any question, the offer didnt even last 24 hours i think.)
Matusow vs Raymer.
PLO> Matusow slightly.
RPS> Raymer slightly.
Checkers> Raymer.
Tennis> Raymer.
Hot-dogs > Matusow.

Sklansky vs Negreanu:
PLO>Negreanu slightly
RPS>Sklansky( i seriosuly mean this, maybe sklansky will have some serious words whether he considers RPS to be a total game of chance).
Checkers> Sklansky dominating.
Tennis> Negreanu dominating.
Hot-dogs> Sklansky dominating.

bobbyi
07-29-2005, 02:44 AM
Rock paper scissors is all about physical reads.

fnord_too
07-29-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick story. Friend of mine whipped up a very simple RPS program once. All it did was make markoff charts of your last 1, 2, or 3 throws, depending on the version of the program, and pick randomly based on the liklihood of your next throw extrapolating from historic data.

Example (1 deep): You threw rock last time. You have thrown 100 rocks to date, folloew by 25 S, 60 P, and 15 R. 25% the program would pick R, 60% S, 15%P.

For two deep it had nine look up tables, 3 deep it had 27.

At any rate, the thing was beating people like 50% of the throws, even just one deep. (In stead of 33% W, 33% L, 33% T that would be expected).

Humans are not very good at randomizing.

btw, here (http://www.shotgunrules.com/rock_paper_scissors.shtml) is a RPS thing on line that is supposed to be pretty good, not sure what its learning algorithm is, though.

Daniel Hoerr
07-29-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ditka would win even if he were 18" tall and had one arm amputated.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Bulldog
07-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Both of these have got to be at least 12-10. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

threeonefour
08-01-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It wouldn't be truly random. If Negreanu was taking the competition seriously, which I'm sure he would, he would certainly have a pattern mapper.

[/ QUOTE ]

it would be very easily to play RPS truly randomly... i know i could do it fairly easily in a ~100 round match... i am 100% certain sklansky could too

W. Deranged
08-01-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Matusow > Raymer in hot-dog eating, matusow seems more like they guy willing to eat hot-dogs to beat his oponent, it would be nice to get some inside from raymer himself.
No, negreanu isnt allowed to eat tofu hot-dogs, however I think that if hes tied at 2, he will just eat meat .( only against sklansky, I cant think of any other oponent in which u can get him to eat hotdogs)

[/ QUOTE ]

Danny N. would so eat hotdogs against Barry Greenstein.

Matt Flynn
08-01-2005, 05:54 PM
screw them put me against diablo and zee vs bruiser. now those are matchups.