PDA

View Full Version : Calling somebody a racist..

BeerMoney
07-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Is often a cheap shot and is usually an attempt to supress someone else's point of view.

Somebody disagrees with you, call them a sexist, racist, anti-semite, just call them any name and put the onus back on them to defend their character against being labeled the most attrocious thing possible "a RACIST".

People who call others racists, sexists, etc are usually those striving the hardest to look intelligent and seem well educated.

Felix_Nietsche
07-28-2005, 02:48 PM
If someone calls me a bigot, racist, etc... I usually find it amusing. I am confident in myself and these tactics have no effect on me. When someone uses these tactics I kind of wonder if they are closet bigots, racists, etc... Kind of like the guy he says he hates h*mosexuals in a violent manner when perhaps he is gay and trying to mask his true identity.

I do have my 'hot buttons' but very few people know which ones to push to upset me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mmbt0ne
07-28-2005, 03:04 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I do have my 'hot buttons' but very few people know which ones to push to upset me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We should've let Mexico win the war.

andyfox
07-28-2005, 03:13 PM
Example, please?

ptmusic
07-28-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If someone calls me a bigot, racist, etc... I usually find it amusing. I am confident in myself and these tactics have no effect on me. When someone uses these tactics I kind of wonder if they are closet bigots, racists, etc... Kind of like the guy he says he hates h*mosexuals in a violent manner when perhaps he is gay and trying to mask his true identity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush is a stupid criminal?

-ptmusic

Bez
07-28-2005, 05:59 PM
The left in the UK use this all the time to stifle debate about controlled immigration.

Phat Mack
07-28-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People who call others racists, sexists, etc are usually those striving the hardest to look intelligent and seem well educated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, they're just angling. I doubt they've given a thought to how they look.

andyfox
07-28-2005, 11:29 PM
An example, please?

Cyrus
07-29-2005, 02:04 AM
I understand that we are lot allowed to call another poster words such as "turd blossom".

Right ?

I also understand that we are, on the other hand, allowed to use expletives, albeit carefully, when referring to politicians. So, it would be a little risky but still no breach of etiquette if we were to call, for example, Karl Rove a "turd blossom".

Right ?

So my questions are

1. What happens when Karl Rove joins 2+2?
Would we then not be allowed to call Karl a "turd blossom"?

2. What happens, when soon after Rove, inevitably George W. Bush joins 2+2?
Would the moderators allow the new member to call another member, who happens to be also his friend, the way he affectionately calls him every day, i.e. turd blossom ?

FishHooks
07-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Isn't it a good thing democrats are running the country, they have such bad ideas.