PDA

View Full Version : Poll for those working for The Man

VBM
07-28-2005, 01:27 PM
This one's for the other guys who 9-5 for a living.

read an old PPT on Leadership by Colin Powell & I was struck by how little of it describes the managers & directors in my group. Which of these apply to your managers, directors, execs?

TimM
07-28-2005, 01:40 PM
I answered for the job I quit in January. False on every single one, no exaggeration.

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-28-2005, 01:43 PM
I was able to answer "true" to every question. That's good, right?

Hamish McBagpipe
07-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Got tired of this after seeing there were still 6 questions left.

Easy E
07-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Keep that job

VBM
07-28-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, its awesome & i'm jealous!

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-28-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, its awesome & i'm jealous!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it's actually better than that, even. I'm a lucky guy.

stabn
07-28-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The management's vision and priorities are lean and compelling, not cluttered and buzzword-laden.

[/ QUOTE ]

If by lean and compelling this means 'busy sucking off the people above them' then sure. Otherwise, no. The management of my division just cares about looking good to their managers. It was not this way 5 years ago and i'm getting pretty [censored] sick of it.

RunDownHouse
07-28-2005, 01:53 PM
I answered "true" to all but two, and both of those were very borderline.

My job rocks.

Nottom
07-28-2005, 02:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I answered for the job I quit in January. False on every single one, no exaggeration.

[/ QUOTE ]

I answered for my last job as well. I think I answer true for the one about hiring based on ability not degrees, false on everything else.

When I started working there I probably would have answered true for at least half if not more.

youtalkfunny
07-28-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm surprised that "False" isn't the runaway leader in every catagorie.

I've never had a job that could score two True's on this test.

kerssens
07-28-2005, 03:13 PM
I had one true and two borderline that I leaned to false. The rest are blatently false.

superleeds
07-28-2005, 03:13 PM
I answered false to every one but I work in advertising where substance doesn't matter just the brownness of your nose.

Zurvan
07-28-2005, 03:16 PM
I put about 75% true... but I was basing it on my local management. We recently got bought out by a huge corporation (biggest in the world in our industry ... whoopee) who are full of buzzwords & crap.

Canada's a pretty small division, so we basically get to do what we want. The rest of North America's using a lot of our processes now too, but we're going the wrong way on this one.

Oh well, good company, but my job is as boring as watching paint dry.