PDA

View Full Version : Last hand post of the day (sorry): 62s makes a full

DavidC
07-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Third hand post today. My appologies. It won't happen again until at least tomorrow. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

---

PP 2/4, Awesome awesome table:

5 limpers to me in the sb, including 1 good player. The guy on my left is passive preflop and not very good. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I call, he checks.

7 players: Oh yeah, I have 62s hearts.

(7sb)

Flop: Ah Qh 6c

I bet, 4 callers. BB, an MP and LP player folded (including the good player).

Turn: 2s (6 bb) 4 players

I bet, the guy to my left raises, it's folded to me. I three-bet, and he calls.

River: 2d (12bb) 2 players

I bet, he raises. I re-raise, he hesitates for like 30 seconds, I say "Don't you dare have ace-deuce!" and he caps. I call.

--------

On the turn he came alive on the 2, so I was a little worried, figured that he didn't have AA or QQ, that A2 was possible, but unlikely, and that 22 was even less likely than A2. 66 is again possible but not likely. I figured he was just getting weird slowplaying an ace on that board. When he called that pretty much confirmed it for me.

On the river, I was really weirded out, again, by his play. There were no straight or whatever cards up there. The 2 didn't really change the board at all.

(Though to an unsophisticated player, he could possibly figure here that he just outdrew someone with 66 if he did have A2.)

So... did I get way too aggressive here or was it well played?

chief444
07-28-2005, 01:26 PM
Here's the thing,

You know he didn't raise just a deuce on the turn. So you know he isn't raising just trips on the river. Q2/A2 are good possibilities. 66 is possible if he slowplayed on the flop but I think he's cap the turn with it. AQ or a good Ace is possible if he slowplayed but I doubt if he raises the river with that given the turn action. So I'd expect to see A2 or Q2 a lot of the time here.

DavidC
07-28-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's the thing,

You know he didn't raise just a deuce on the turn. So you know he isn't raising just trips on the river. Q2/A2 are good possibilities. 66 is possible if he slowplayed on the flop but I think he's cap the turn with it. AQ or a good Ace is possible if he slowplayed but I doubt if he raises the river with that given the turn action. So I'd expect to see A2 or Q2 a lot of the time here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, makes sense.

centja1
07-28-2005, 02:36 PM
That was an excellent point about this guy not raising with just a pair of twos. Now that the second two showed up, you can rule out a set of deuces. So, since he raised when the deuce showed up, he must have some other piece of the board.

If he has a boat, it is better than yours and the only hand that he could conceivably and legitimately raise your turn bet with that you're still beating here is AQ (maybe a big blind special like Q6).

Since you are buried against most hands AND he didn't cap your turn three-bet, I think I would take a bet/call line on the river. I just don't see a loose passive player getting this far out of line with AQ, but you need to make sure the river gets bet AND you're definitely good here 8% of the time.