PDA

View Full Version : Ace-Rag vs KK thru JJ

flopking
07-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Hypothetical question, you are in EP, with a decent pair, say QQ, you open raise for 3-4x the BB, and get miniraised from LAG in LP. You figure the LP has a A-rag, so really you're looking to avoid an A on the flop... normally in a ring game, thats a time to call and check out the flop... but in tourneys, with aquisition of chips key, are you pushing with a good pair, KK or QQ or just calling as well and seeing if an A flops...

I should qualify my question by stating it is mid-tournament and you have 15x BB...

A_PLUS
07-28-2005, 12:23 PM
The key is wether or not he will put any more chips in without hitting the Ace. If he is only going to play post flop when he hits, you are better off putting him in now

Dave D
07-28-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hypothetical question, you are in EP, with a decent pair, say QQ, you open raise for 3-4x the BB, and get miniraised from LAG in LP. You figure the LP has a A-rag, so really you're looking to avoid an A on the flop... normally in a ring game, thats a time to call and check out the flop... but in tourneys, with aquisition of chips key, are you pushing with a good pair, KK or QQ or just calling as well and seeing if an A flops...

I should qualify my question by stating it is mid-tournament and you have 15x BB...

[/ QUOTE ]

I call here and play the flop, if only for semi deception reasons. There's really no need to push or something, you're probably a better player than him so play poker.

If an A hits I'll 2/3 pot bet it, if I have the best hand I'll check raise (cuz I know he'll bet back cuz he's a lag).