PDA

View Full Version : TT Hand, preflop question

2+2 Junkie
07-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Ok, I apologize. I am at work and don't have my hand to import to the converter so here is the situation.

I was on a typical party table, 30+ VPIP on the table. No specific reads on these people, since I don't have the hand with me.
I am on the button with TT. There was a raise, and then a re-raise in front of me.

Whats my line? Fold? Raise? Cold-Call? I know TT is a good hand, and a raising hand at that, but not sure what to do at this point. Thanks.

GrunchCan
07-28-2005, 10:51 AM
The biggest consideration for me is implied odds. If you have just these 2 opponents, I'll often fold here for 3 cold. If there were several cold-callers trapped, I'll cap.

mwilli31
07-28-2005, 10:56 AM
I agree with Grunch's post on implied odds. Another consideration, IMHO, is the re-raiser's PF standards. I know you don't have the reads atm, but if you have him on a tight range of hands I might be able to find a fold. A lot of the typical PP passives won't 3-bet with anything other than AA-QQ and maybe AK. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

@bsolute_luck
07-28-2005, 02:23 PM
To OP: i'm assuming full ring game?

depends on position and who each raiser is, but generally your hand range is correct. I'd throw in AQs too. depending on my position and how "loose" i think the raiser is and the players behind me how tight they are (which they're probably pretty tight being 30% seeing the flop), i might 3-bet 99 or 88- but only if i'm running over the table /images/graemlins/grin.gif