PDA

View Full Version : My Bustout Hand, Please comment on how I played it

People_Mover
07-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Party 2.00 MTT for practice 2000 Entrants. Blanked 20 30s in a row which has killed my bank roll. Anyway here's the hand.

Down to 25. Blinds are 3K/6K. I was chip leader with 131 to go and have been in the top 5 since then. Standard raises have taken pots without a flop. I've been quiet the last 2 orbitz. Chip leader has been to my right since the 1st break and is by far the best player at the table. We've been trading stacks and has folded to my push backs. He's running over the table the last 20 minutes and has a 4x chip lead over 2nd place. I'm 3rd in chips. All three big stacks at the same table.

Here's the hand:
HERO 102K
VILLIAN in SB 110K
Folds to Hero in MP2 with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in MP2 and I make a standard raise to 15K.
Villian in SB calls. BB folds.

36K in the pot.

Flop 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villian goes into the tank and bets 13K. I go into the tank and raise to 28K (leaving me with around 45K. He goes back in the tank and calls. Turn is a brick 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif He tanks and checks. I push for 47K into the 90K pot. Right move? Results in white below.

<font color="white"> Villian called and showed Kd 10d. The river was a ugly Jh : and he made his straight and I busted in 23rd. </font>

transmitt
07-28-2005, 11:11 AM
If you were committed to playing the hand for all your chips if the turn was a brick, I would have pushed the re-raise on the flop.

People_Mover
07-28-2005, 11:15 AM
That's what I thought my mistake was not coming over the top for everything on the flop, but since I didn't and turn was a good card for me... maybe he would fold the draw.

Quick math, he had 4 6s, 3 10s, 4 Jacks, any remaining diamond (6), so 17 outs?? 47/17 is 2.76:1 on the call. and 47K to win 137K = 2.91, so technically I was ahead by like what? 2% Is this right?

transmitt
07-28-2005, 11:19 AM
I'm not in love with his call frankly. Is the chip stack info correct in the original post? You mention him having 4x 2nd place but you are in 3rd and it only looks like he has you covered by a few g?

bruce
07-28-2005, 11:29 AM
BTF your raise is marginal. I prefer raising with a better Ace. I don't want to be dominated. Having raised the flop,
I believe the correct play is to push the flop. The board is
extremely coordinated and your best chance to get him off his
hand is to push when he bets. Miniraising is a complete waste
of money. Regardless of how you play, except if you don't play the hand I believe with this flop you are destined to
lose. Your opponent has to big a draw on the flop and he
is a favorite with two cards to come.

Bruce

People_Mover
07-28-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not in love with his call frankly. Is the chip stack info correct in the original post? You mention him having 4x 2nd place but you are in 3rd and it only looks like he has you covered by a few g?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 3rd in chips with 102K, Villian is 2nd with 110K. Chip leader has over 400K.

Havok
07-28-2005, 11:35 AM
I've been in this situation. I felt raising and seeing the turn was a blank myself would dissuade my oponent from calling my all in with their flush and straight draws. Problem is if they make it to the turn they are pot commited at that point, and mathmatically due to you both being so close in chips, it was correct for the villian to call your all in. To make matters worse he had the opend ended straight, flush draws, and even two overcards to call. Too many outs. If it was me, I would have called without hesitation. Long story short. Go all in on the flop to give him the wrong odds to call. Too late on the turn.

Jackal
07-28-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's what I thought my mistake was not coming over the top for everything on the flop, but since I didn't and turn was a good card for me... maybe he would fold the draw.

Quick math, he had 4 6s, 3 10s, 4 Jacks, any remaining diamond (6), so 17 outs?? 47/17 is 2.76:1 on the call. and 47K to win 137K = 2.91, so technically I was ahead by like what? 2% Is this right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are like 1.7 to 1 dog on the flop and just better than even favorite on the turn. I would have pushed on the flop if you wanted to play the hand, although i'm not sure why, and i'm sure he still would have called with OESD and flush draw and 2 overs. Even if he thought you had J10 or a set, which is worst case scenario, he is only a 3 to 2 dog.