PDA

View Full Version : Windows Explorer Problem

CIncyHR
07-28-2005, 08:53 AM
I am having a problem with Windows XP Professional. When I start up my comptuer, the desktop loads up but then I get an error messae saying "Windows Explorer has Encountered a Problem and needs to Shut Down." At this point, whether I click "send" or "Don't Send" the system freezes up. I can still see my desktop, and I can move the cursor, but I can't open any files or programs, or even open the start menu.

Has anybody ever heard of anything like this, or have any advice for me? Ive tried starting in safe mode and tried a system restore and neither of those thnigs worked.

Thanks in advance.

cracker9521
07-28-2005, 01:25 PM
If you added any new hardware you can try removing it. You can also go into safe mode and remove any new programs but most likely you are going to have to format and reinstall windows.

Spota
07-30-2005, 12:58 PM
What about trying system restore to your last restore point. I think if you hold F8 while booting up you will get a few boot options, one of them being restore. If not, you should be able to access the system restore wizard after booting into safe mode.