PDA

View Full Version : A hand that isn't very exciting

edge
07-28-2005, 06:07 AM
Party 5/10 6-handed. Folded to me in CO with 2000 behind and 8/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/club.gif and I open for 40. So far, I'm playing very tight and aggressive preflop. SB reraises to 100 and I call. He covers me, and is a LAG.

Flop 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif with 210 in the pot.

Checked through.

Turn 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif with 210 in the pot.

SB bets 80.

Anyone 3-raise preflop with these stacks? His reraise doesn't mean a whole lot to me, especially since I opened from CO. How about the flop? If I bet and he doesn't fold, I probably have to give up. As for the turn, I just picked up some more outs, so is this one of those situations where I smoothcall to avoid being blown off my hand?

fimbulwinter
07-28-2005, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party 5/10 6-handed. Folded to me in CO with 2000 behind and 8/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/club.gif and I open for 40. So far, I'm playing very tight and aggressive preflop. SB reraises to 100 and I call. He covers me, and is a LAG.

Flop 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif with 210 in the pot.

Checked through.

Turn 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif with 210 in the pot.

SB bets 80.

Anyone 3-raise preflop with these stacks? His reraise doesn't mean a whole lot to me, especially since I opened from CO. How about the flop? If I bet and he doesn't fold, I probably have to give up. As for the turn, I just picked up some more outs, so is this one of those situations where I smoothcall to avoid being blown off my hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

the question i have is:

is he good enough to know that you're opening more than big hands and that therefore a 5 is a possibility for your holdings?

fim

edge
07-28-2005, 07:21 AM
He's not a good player. I don't know if he thinks I can have a 5.

RoundersRocks!
07-28-2005, 08:36 AM
If the argument is meta-game, I think the relevant fact is that he is a bad player and therefore might not be thinking in meta-game terms, so the value of calling is reduced. Against a player you respect though, I think I would call and see the river.
I don't think you want to bluff here. I also don't think the expected odds are there if you do hit.

fimbulwinter
07-28-2005, 08:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the expected odds are there if you do hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

fim