PDA

View Full Version : CrossPost: KK - 10/20 - Monster Pot

RocketManJames
07-28-2005, 05:14 AM
After reading more in Mid-High, it seems that 10/20 should go in Small Stakes. So, I'm cross-posting here.

I am in the BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

UTG folds.
UTG+1 raises to 20.
EMP cold calls.
MP cold calls.
LMP re-raises to 30.
Next guy folds.
SB caps it at 40.
I cold call 30 more.
Everyone calls -- 6 to flop for 4 small bets apiece.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, I raise. UTG+1 and EMP cold call. MP folds. LMP 3-bets. SB calls 2 more bets, I cap. All call -- 5 to turn.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, I bet. UTG+1 raises. EMP, LMP, and SB all cold-call. I call. -- 5 to the river.

River: K/images/graemlins/club.gif (edited... it was a club on river)

SB checks. I bet. UTG+1 raises. EMP folds. LMP cold-calls. SB folds. I 3-bet. UTG+1 calls. LMP calls.

Final Pot: 41 BBs.

I sat at this table not long ago, and have no reads on anyone.

Questions:

Can anyone find a fold for me anywhere?

Does anyone play this any differently?

Results in a later post.

-RMJ

mute
07-28-2005, 05:35 AM
With all those coldcalls on the turn, it would seem likely that a flushdraw is out there, so though you just improved, I would just check intending to call two bets back to me.

3-betting this river is spewing, IMO.

Piiop
07-28-2005, 05:36 AM
Nice table selection.

First of all, there's no reason to fold at any point.

Next, it's tough to work it all out - that's some crazy action. At first glance, it seems like 3-betting the river is too much given that a backdoor flush and straight came in, but I think it might be ok.

LMP really looks like AA, so he's not really a concern - especially since he just called the river.

UTG+1 is the most threatening. His play on the flop really doesn't narrow his hand range too much. On the turn, I would give him an overpair, TT/99, QcJc/QsJs, or maybe AcQc/AcJc but it would take a really aggressive player to raise those Aces there as well as raising QJs preflop. On the river, we can rule out an overpair, a set is still possible, but it's also possible he backed into a flush or straight.

I haven't decided yet. The problem is that you open yourself up to a cap which will only happen when you're beat unless UTG+1 is insane and you're not going to fold in this ~40 BB pot.

Edited to add more thoughts. If you can still edit, I would cut the river action off after you 3bet so as not to skew the replies.

hobbsmann
07-28-2005, 05:39 AM
If you're talking about folding anywhere in this hand you're talking crazy talk, but that being said the river 3-bet might be a bit much. Otherwise I would have played the hand the same way.

brettbrettr
07-28-2005, 10:02 AM
Fold? Never.

Pre-flop: Standard.
Flop: Standard.
Turn: After he spring to life I'm not pumping this any more, trying to showdown cheaply.
River: Might be close. I don't know if I three-bet when the clubs come in.

Did UTG+1 have 7c8c?

DeeJ
07-28-2005, 10:52 AM
I don't 3-bet the river. In fact, since the card that falls completes the flush and the OESD I might even check-call down. I don't fold it either, though unless it's 3 bets back to me.

You look likely to lose to QJ, 87 or /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif which one of EMP,LMP or SB is probably going to hold...or any combination of the three /images/graemlins/smile.gif

meep_42
07-28-2005, 11:17 AM
No merit to waiting to pop the turn to protect in this hand?

-d

DrewOnTilt
07-28-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No merit to waiting to pop the turn to protect in this hand?

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

Raising the turn does not protect the hand. The pot is huge, and even if Hero did not raise the flop, the pot would still be 15BB or greater at the turn. Any gutshot or single pair will call here, correctly.

RocketManJames
07-28-2005, 08:31 PM
UTG+1 had TT for the flopped set.
LMP had AA.
SB claimed to have folded QQ (no reason not to believe this).

So, yes, I did get very lucky. And, I personally couldn't find a fold anywhere, and I'm glad no one here could either. I felt okay with the 3-bet on the river, I did put one person (not sure which) on AA and the good possibility another had a set. But, trying not to be results-oriented, perhaps my play on the river was a bit too chip spewy... since two draws did make it on the river.

-RMJ