PDA

View Full Version : Ipods

ClaytonN
07-28-2005, 02:55 AM
I am a tight bastard with my money. How important is having a ipod (or ipod mini) for college? Furthermore, how much better is an ipod versus an ipod mini for the average music-liking college person.

IronDragon1
07-28-2005, 02:57 AM
You should at least have some portable music player to help you get through the soul crushing experience that is higher education

Unless you desire having a monstrous music collection with you at all times-there isn't a need to get anything above 4-5GB capacity

Macdaddy Warsaw
07-28-2005, 02:58 AM
It's not really important, but walking to class, walking back, going to the gym, etc. etc., all good uses for an iPod. I think you'd be ok getting a mini if you're not a fiend and need to carry your 20-60 gig collection around in your pocket.

SmileyEH
07-28-2005, 03:04 AM
I went through 2 years without any portable music at all. It was ok, but life is a lot better now that I have one.

-SmileyEH

07-28-2005, 03:10 AM
If you want girls to [censored] you at college, you have to make sure that you have a big Ipod. 30 GB or more or they won't even look at you.

Stork
07-28-2005, 03:16 AM
If you do get one, make sure to get the tape hookup so you can play it through the car radio. Best $20 I ever spent.

ClaytonN
07-28-2005, 03:17 AM
That should be a given, but thanks for the reminder.

Of course this means I will have to work my ass of the next few days. A noble sacrifice.

Stellastarr
07-28-2005, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you do get one, make sure to get the tape hookup so you can play it through the car radio. Best $20 I ever spent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who still owns a tape player in their car?

siccjay
07-28-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who still owns a tape player in their car?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also the first thing that came to my mind. I had an FM Modulator but it sucked. I'm gonna buy an ipod ready radio when I get a new car.

07-28-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna buy an ipod ready radio when I get a new car.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly the correct answer. The sound quality is far superior to either the FM Modulator or the tape adapter.

blatz
07-28-2005, 03:33 AM
Way back when I was in school we had to sing to ourselves between classes for entertainment.

Sure it sucked, but I really honed my singing to myself skills. I'm still really good at it.

dawade
07-28-2005, 03:59 AM
Could I use an iPod to play through my car speakers using my outlet in my car or my cigarette lighter?

I have an aftermarket CD player, but the thought of 4-5GB of music at my fingertips is pretty intriguing.

Also, how bad is the sound quality when you are using an iPod to play through your car speakers?

07-28-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Could I use an iPod to play through my car speakers using my outlet in my car or my cigarette lighter?

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, no.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, how bad is the sound quality when you are using an iPod to play through your car speakers?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not bad at all if you get a direct line in connection like I recommended.