PDA

View Full Version : Tell me how I played KK!!

Mariogs379
07-28-2005, 02:50 AM
I'd love to get feedback on how I played this hand and how I could have played it better. Villain claimed to have 3c4c.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t7624)
Hero (t4525)
Button (t1351)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1600</font>, SB calls t1000.

Flop: (t3200) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t1400</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t4600

Any analysis or commments welcome,
Mario

ChuckNorris
07-28-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how I could have played it better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could've pushed the flop. If villain had an A why wouldn't they checkraise? The pot is huge and the average villain could be betting with just about anything here (any pair, flush draw, straight draw, K-high, pure bluff). Without reads I say push the flop. You are ahead more often than not and with that big of a pot folding is terrible.

ChrisV
07-28-2005, 03:22 AM
World's easiest push. The pot is massive and there's exactly zero evidence that villain has an ace. The bet-out, if anything, argues against it.

You're letting the unwelcome flop cloud your judgement about the hand.

EDIT: There's actually no possible flop here that's going to stop me pushing with KK. Axx of a suit I don't have would hurt, but I think I'd still push.

curtains
07-28-2005, 05:09 AM
I would raise enough preflop so that even if an ace came on the flop, I would not be willing to fold. I don't want to allow myself to outguess myself, thus I'll force the action preflop. Just raising it a tad bit more should make the pot too large and your stack too small to consider folding.

In any case I'd move allin on the flop. However you should plan ahead of time what you will do if a king comes, and then base your preflop raise on this action. If you planned to fold on an ace high flop, then you should raise a bit more preflop.

You just cannot put yourself in a position to fold such a powerful hand with so many of your chips invested.