PDA

View Full Version : Overplayed TPTK against two LAGs?

weevil
07-28-2005, 01:38 AM
Both opponents are around 35 VPIP and 1.7 agg. They seem to get offended when they get raised, the kind who you don't need to fear a raise or 3bet as much as from others.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (16 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (18 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

I was hoping CO would raise on the flop and get the button out, but that didn't work. Was the 3bet bad? I thought I'd try and get button out again on the turn with a lead/call raise, and that worked It's worth an extra bet to try and save some equity here right? But I don't really see button folding anything that doesn't have me beat. Should I just go into check/call mode through the river? A suited AK isn't unlikely here, and I'd like to charge those 12 outs, but not punish myself when up against an overpair or set...

spydog
07-28-2005, 04:40 AM
I probably call this preflop with then intention of checkraising a lot of flops. Other than that I would play this the same. CO could be easily be pumping a draw on the flop so I like your turn lead when a brick hits.

NLSoldier
07-28-2005, 04:56 AM
Check raise the flop. THe pot is huge so you need to protect your hand as much as possible.

flytrap
07-28-2005, 07:00 AM
I don't think I would 3 bet preflop. You may have the best hand, but to 3-bet in a four way pot out of position with AJo can't be a great play. Just call and check out the flop. Since you hit such a good flop, checkraise, and base your action on subsequent streets on what is most likely to knock people out, since this pot is so big.

DCWGaming
07-28-2005, 07:19 AM
I just call the raise from the BB more often than I 3bet.

After that, I checkraise the flop and go from there.