PDA

View Full Version : I hope it was terrorism.

11-14-2001, 06:38 PM
I would be reassured to learn that the recent airline crash was caused by a terrorist bomb. If this were found to be the case, I believe the airlines would begin to inspect all checked luggage for bombs (as they already do for international flights); this would make me feel more secure about my scheduled flight next week. I would also feel a bit better to know that the jet was not in fact torn apart by turbulents, which seems to be the leading alternative theory.

BTW, if the government believes the plane was torn apart by wind, why haven't they ordered all similar aircraft to be immediately grounded and inspected for structural weaknesses?

11-14-2001, 07:15 PM
they will look at other craft like it. but it was wing tip vortices not wind. wind has no effect on a plane in the air except to change its speed and path over the ground.

11-14-2001, 09:37 PM
i believe that is turning towards sabotage. subtle hints are coming out. the feds have blanketed anyone near the aircraft like white on rice. it was probably some fundamentalist, phanatical, extremist muslim, who doesn't know how to interpret the koran. just loosen a bolt and the tail flys, so to speak. many foreigners work on our aircraft. until we weed out the phanatical slime, flying is not safe. just look who's manning the xray machines at the ports? i could walk on any plane with my 9. truely pathetic

that is all,

dannyboy :o(

11-14-2001, 11:58 PM
I understand your points

but if it were terrorism, the level of fear in our country would be a very heavy burden on all

11-15-2001, 12:52 AM
Could this be a reason to hold back information or suspicions of the crash?

11-15-2001, 12:59 AM
I know what you mean. When flight 800 went down a couple of years ago shortly after take off, I felt the same way. To think that a plane could just blow up and fall out of the sky like that due to some catastrophic mechanical failure, was more scary to me than had it been a bomb or missile.

11-15-2001, 12:59 AM
If it was a terrorrist act*, then people will wait to see tough counter-terrorist measures to feel safe about flying again. Which is doable, albeit a tough one to really pull off and not just create good photo ops.

But if it was the airplane's behavior that caused it, then the problem of congestion in sky traffic we had only a few months ago, has just been solved ! People just can't handle two sucker punches in a row. They will give up on plane travel en masse for the foreseeable future.

* : I feel that "This was terrorism" is awkward as expressions go. We don't say "bin Laden committed terrorism". (End of pedantic lil' spiel.)

11-15-2001, 05:00 AM
The government lies to us when it perceives the rewards of deception to outweight the risks. I do not think this is the case here.

11-15-2001, 12:39 PM
I would not want to miss one of hes posts, and guess others feel same

HOWEVER because the wording of his posts may not be the smoothest, his posts on bears and fishing, his bull with SPM, etc,etc I sort of get the picture of someone who , , , well, you know what I mean.

then he comes up with this stuff like effects of wind on an airplane nad "vortices". and not long ago he casually mentioned being in Europe. couple of months ago he made a short comment on the stock market and some smartass replied that Ray was wrong then went into long spiel about the mechanics of the market,etc-but in fact he had completely missed the simple truth of what Ray had said

can't help it if I sound like a fan

11-15-2001, 03:14 PM

11-15-2001, 09:31 PM
usually to have any amount of wind shear you need a very windy day or something happening weather wise like virga or such. wind shear is an abrupt change in the direction of the wind. so for it to do much damage it needed to be powerful. my guess is that the bolts holding the tail were already stressed from a previous turbulent encounter then they flew through the wake turbulence of another jet but stayed in it and it was too much for the weakened parts. just an uninformed persons opinion.