PDA

View Full Version : Standard American Airlines?

jskills
07-28-2005, 12:29 AM
No reads. Got an early gift.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (12.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

dblgutshot
07-28-2005, 12:35 AM
I dont' get why this is being posted.

I see two ways to play the hand. The way you played it, or to smoothcall the flop to raise the turn. I like playing them fast much better.

I'm getting the feeling I'm missing something with your post. You have a lot of posts....is this an inside joke or something?

edit: just noticed it was a different opponent who checkraised the turn after calling 2 cold. My thoughts are that a 3-bet is necessary. Two possible hands for a straight but more often UTG has A8 or 88.

Nick C
07-28-2005, 12:38 AM
It looks good to me.

If the turn card improved UTG, big deal (though he did pick up some outs if he's semibluff raising QJ), and while J9 can't be ruled out (and possibly 69 is a sentimental favorite for UTG), you beat a lot of slowplaying hands (flopped sets/two pair), too.

W. Deranged
07-28-2005, 12:41 AM
Nice hand.

The only interesting observation I have here is that it is almost certainly correct to raise the flop. You raised pre-flop in a non-steal situation, and so villain leading into you is looking for action. You don't want to lose UTG but he seems passive enough and may call two-cold (warning: results-tainted comment /images/graemlins/wink.gif ). Waiting to raise the turn will likely do more to kill your action.

W. Deranged
07-28-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I see two ways to play the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

So clearly there's something to discuss here.

[ QUOTE ]
I like playing them fast much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you care to tell us why?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting the feeling I'm missing something with your post. You have a lot of posts....is this an inside joke or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not missing something in the sense you're thinking. If you can't think of ANY reason why this hand should be posted, good. Many people won't feel similarly.

The one thing that I find most frustrating is the old "lame hand" criticisms. If you don't find the hand interesting, okay, but there might be some subtlety there. Look hard. It's frustrating enough when very experienced posters do it, I think it's good if everyone didn't get in the habit of it. It discourages well-intended post from well-meaning newer posters.

End of rant. And I don't usually rant.

TripleH68
07-28-2005, 12:49 AM
Coordinated board. Betting/raising at every opportunity is the only way to play this hand.

I just posted the BB and got dealt AA - folded around. Crap.