PDA

View Full Version : slow poker tracker load time

joker122
07-28-2005, 12:22 AM
the speed at which poker tracker perfroms is painfully slow for me. i have over 100k hands in my database. is the lag a function of the amount of hands or a crappy computer?

jman220
07-28-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the speed at which poker tracker perfroms is painfully slow for me. i have over 100k hands in my database. is the lag a function of the amount of hands or a crappy computer?

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience has been the bigger the database, the longer it takes. Make sure that your purging already imported hand history files, so that ptracker isn't looking through all the hh files every time you start it up.

joker122
07-28-2005, 12:42 AM
how do i purge?

smartalecc5
07-28-2005, 01:05 AM
Is it just me or is 'purge' a cool word.

jman220
07-28-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how do i purge?

[/ QUOTE ]

Purge may be the wrong word. You may already do this, but what I meant was, make sure to be constantly deleting the hand history files stored on your hard drive after they've been imported into pokertracker. Otherwise, on the inital hand import, pokertracker will hang for a very very very long time as it searches through all these hand histories for any new ones. You can set your pokertracker import settings to export already imported hand histories to a folder, and then just routinely delete everything in that folder.

Edit: Heh, I wrote this before I saw smartalecc5's post.

smartalecc5
07-28-2005, 01:11 AM
Right, so make sure you move the files to a different folder after importing.

Theres an option for that on the auto-import window.

BritNewbie
07-28-2005, 02:35 AM
Three things:

[1] Presumably, it's also important to do that 'Compact Database' thing on a regular basis.

[2] A crappy computer won't help.

[3] If you like 'purge', how about 'purgative'?