PDA

View Full Version : switching from 50 buy in to 200 buy in, short handed.

07-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Unfortunately there is no 100 short handed tables at party so I have to jump directly from the 50's to the 200's. I suck at playing at a full table, so thats not really an option.

I have a pretty good record in the 50's. Over 11k hands my win rate is 25BB/100 hands. I think my actual win rate isnt quite that high but I have no doupt that I can beat that game. At worst my true win rate is in the low teens.

Anyways, Ive given the 200's a shot and my results are not that good at all in comparison to the 50's. Over 2k hands my winrate is a bit less than 4BB/100.

I realize that doesnt really tell me anything but I've noticed my play isnt quite as good and there arent as many boneheaded plays. I think a big part of my bad play is just thinking too much about the money. Im thinking that not thinking about the money will come in time but Im just wondering what adjustments need to be made for this jump.

What kind of bankroll should you have?
In holdem I know you should have atleast 10, but I have no idea for omaha.

How much do good players make at this level?
Is it possible to still make 20BB/100 hands?

Is it worth it to datamine the 200's?

Also im willing to throw someone 50 bucks or so to anyone who has a good win rate at this level and wants to teach me a few things.

joewatch
07-28-2005, 02:37 AM
My guess is that you need at least $6k (30 buy-ins)to feel comfortable.

Big Dave D
07-28-2005, 03:18 AM
We had some talk awhile back about a 30-50-100 rule. That is 30 buyins as a minimum, 50 would be very nice, and 100 as the ultimate ideal, especially if multi-ing or wanting to reduce the risk of moving down. For short handed, I would plump for 50 buyins.

Of course, we are not talking about "taking a shot" or gambling money.

And 11k hands is not even a start of a line of how you play. A full time pro, muliting would do 200 to 250k hands in a year. I am only a temp and I have somewhere around 70k

autobet
07-28-2005, 12:05 PM
In theory, your opps should be better so your win rate should go down.

Also, 25BB sounds quite high, so you were probably running good. I don't know what is sustainable, maybe 15BB?

07-28-2005, 12:45 PM
yeah I think 25 is a bit unrealistic. I just had a $1000 day and a couple $500's, so that shot the numbers up pretty high.
I find it pretty amazing though, the amount one can make in comparison to hold em.

joewatch
07-28-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find it pretty amazing though, the amount one can make in comparison to hold em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the Dark Side!

Easy E
07-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Over 11k hands my win rate is 25BB/100 hands. I think my actual win rate isnt quite that high but I have no doupt that I can beat that game. At worst my true win rate is in the low teens
Anyways, Ive given the 200's a shot and my results are not that good at all in comparison to the 50's. Over 2k hands my winrate is a bit less than 4BB/100

The variance in these stats as to how you are actually doing would scare me a bit, if I were you.

Also, you do realize that you're winning at a cash rate equal to 16BB at the $50 level, right?

07-28-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Over 11k hands my win rate is 25BB/100 hands. I think my actual win rate isnt quite that high but I have no doupt that I can beat that game. At worst my true win rate is in the low teens
Anyways, Ive given the 200's a shot and my results are not that good at all in comparison to the 50's. Over 2k hands my winrate is a bit less than 4BB/100

The variance in these stats as to how you are actually doing would scare me a bit, if I were you.

Also, you do realize that you're winning at a cash rate equal to 16BB at the $50 level, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker tracker definately says 25BB, not 16. Im not saying this is my true win rate just thats what it is so far.

yeah, its pretty crazy the swings in this game. But im still pretty confident in my ability to beat the game. I've been playing it for a month or so and have had very few losing days. I think the most i've lost is 200 and thats very rare occurance.
People LITERALLY give you their money, ALL THE TIME. Its pretty rediculous.

As an example Here is a hand that quickly developed the into a 250 dollar pot.

one limper utg.
Hero raises to 2.25 with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I get two callers flop comes 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

So I flop top set, J high flush draw, and a double belly buster. One of the preflop callers manages to get all of his money in with bottom two pair (no draws) on the flop. The final pot.....$250

I was involved in another pot ($50 buy in) where i had TTxx on a board of 33T49. The final pot size....$500. What did villian have? 382J, no full house.

I see stuff like this all the time. My point is you have to be a complete jackass to not beat this game. I dont think winning 15-20 BB/100 hands is unrealistic at all.

blackize
07-29-2005, 03:26 AM
Hes saying that 4BB/100 at the 200's is the same as 16BB/100 at the 50's

07-29-2005, 03:43 AM
thanks, im an idiot...what can I say. Either way 4 sucks. When I move up a level or two i like to make more money and definately does not equate to more money right now.