PDA

View Full Version : A couple 2/4 Hands vs. TAG's

McGahee
07-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Villian is tight, and I guess moderately aggressive. In our only previous run-in he C/R'd my steal on the flop w/ a gutshot. Please, I don't want to hear anything about PF. Am I ever good on the river?

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

No spectacular postflop reads on button - he's pretty TAGish PF, has stolen my blind a couple times. I don't make a habit out of doing this, but I thought this was an OK spot for it. I'm thinking he can bet a wide range of hands in position, BB knew how to fold, and my table image wasn't too Laggy, although I did win the blind on the previous hands without a flop. Plus as Ulysses once said, "I was pretty sure I was going to make my hand".

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, CO folds.

Turn: (4 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises

Nick C
07-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Hand 1: Preflop is fine.

On the river -- yikes! -- you really need to be up against TT or (a less likely) 77 or a hyper-aggressively played AKo/AQo, don't you?

I would probably call, partly because I'd be taking the previous flop gutshot checkraise into account.

But I wouldn't expect to win.

Hand 2: I would probably just call, not feeling entirely comforable about even that, but the 3-way nature of the pot does at least make your semibluff checkraise seem less like a play. And I do think there's a good chance Button will now dump a hand like 66.

Something like J9s/K9s/A9o, on the other hand, could be harder to get rid of.

cmwck
07-28-2005, 12:17 AM
Re: hand 1. I can't think of a single hand MP2 could have that you beat, but it'd be hard to fold getting 11:1 on the river. If you want to find a fold, I'd do it on the turn. It's close though, since you're getting 9:1 and have probably 4 outs on average (i.e. he sometimes makes a set of kings or a flush with some of your outs.

Nick C
07-28-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Re: hand 1. I can't think of a single hand MP2 could have that you beat, but it'd be hard to fold getting 11:1 on the river. If you want to find a fold, I'd do it on the turn. It's close though, since you're getting 9:1 and have probably 4 outs on average (i.e. he sometimes makes a set of kings or a flush with some of your outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth, on those occasions when Hero will lose to a flush when he catches the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif (or K /images/graemlins/heart.gif), Hero has about 31 outs, so long as he's not folding the river unimproved.

Edit: Well, what I just wrote isn't true against specifically A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, I have to admit.

cmwck
07-28-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth, on those occasions when Hero will lose to a flush when he catches the K /images/graemlins/spade.gif (or K /images/graemlins/heart.gif), Hero has about 34 outs, so long as he's not folding the river unimproved.

Edit: Well, what I just wrote isn't true against specifically A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, I have to admit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, nevermind about the flush thing. Right after I wrote that I realised that the chances of a card improving Hero, but improving villain even more are low enough to be neglegable. Oh yeah, and pocket pairs can't be suited, that too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

At any rate, Hero has 4-5 outs, and the turn call will be neutral at worst ; then he probably has to make a crying call on the river due to pot size.

McGahee
07-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Bump