PDA

View Full Version : How protective of 2+2 are you guys?

yabastid
07-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I get really annoyed when a fellow 2+2er asks me at a sng or MTT "yabastid, r u a 2+2er?" It's happened to me a few times and granted I only play the 11s & 22s, but what is the point? There is a reason we say "sup bro" or "brown trout"- do I need to elaborate why? I don't know how others feel about this, but I think I am very forunate to be a member of these forums and have this resource. Although I have a long way to go, if it weren't for 2+2 I'd still be a losing player pissing my money away on sng's and MTT's. How many of us would have the successes we do if it weren't for these forums? I would like as few people to know about us as possible- It's much better for my wallet.
Am I the only one feels this way? I would like to hear what others think.

yabastid

valenzuela
07-27-2005, 11:26 PM
I propose to ban everyone with less than 1000 posts unless theyre a pro. I want to be a selfish as possible with this forum and I dont want ppl like yabastid getting better becuase that will lower my ROI.

KingDan
07-27-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I propose to ban everyone who moved up to $50 SNGs with s $200 bankroll

[/ QUOTE ]

citanul
07-27-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I propose to ban everyone with less than 1000 posts unless theyre a pro. I want to be a selfish as possible with this forum and I dont want ppl like yabastid getting better becuase that will lower my ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know, a couple of months ago, i would not have guessed that valenzuala would currently be one of the more precise, and to the heart of the matter posters. however, today he's had at least 2 posts that have made me both laugh and were insightful.

citanul

ChoicestHops
07-27-2005, 11:33 PM
It's not like 2+2 is some big secret.

Besides, it's applying the concepts correctly that makes you a winner, as I'd guess that the majority of 2+2'ers are not winning in the long run.

yabastid
07-27-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont want ppl like yabastid getting better becuase that will lower my ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Yes!!

tshort
07-27-2005, 11:42 PM
I better start posting... and fast.

On a serious note, I think this goes along with teh discussion of "What if someone writes a book on how to beat the SNGs?". I have given some lessons to a couple friends on how to beat the SNGs. After the training, 1 of the 3 has been profitable. I have had them send me their hand histories and the losing players have definitely gone on a tangent from my advice (mainly playing too many hands in Level 1-3). My point is, not everyone is dedicated and patient enough to really learn how to win.

So for some reason, I'm still not worried.

fnord_too
07-27-2005, 11:42 PM
People who want to learn and are capable of learning will find there way here anyway. Most players just don't have the capacity or discipline to improve.

Also, these forums are provided by the fine folks at 2+2, and it is in their best interest that they get traffic. I don't point them out to people really, but I don't really mind if others do.

Ogre
07-28-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I propose to ban everyone who moved up to $50 SNGs with s $200 bankroll

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

curtains
07-28-2005, 12:03 AM
Not protective at all. If anyone uses some crazy code language with me at the table I'll always just say "Yes I'm from 2+2".

Also there is the very small chance that using obvious jibberish with someone could be perceived as code language or cheating.

ilya
07-28-2005, 12:04 AM
I hate your attitude. I am always very open with people about 2+2.

reecelights
07-28-2005, 10:04 AM
Some people will just never do the homeowrk. They are thrill seekers and are looking to get rich quick.

While I don't go around from room to room telling everyone they should check out this site, I will point it out to online and offline friends. If there is a player who I respect and I am very friendly with but could use a little extra help to get them over the top, I might mention it. I usually play Pot Limit $33s, $22s and just started $55s (which hardly ever go off) and it is a much smaller community than NL. Probably more like the $109s or $215s in NL, although I wouldn't know. There is rarely a table I sit at where I don't know two or three players minimum. To me there is definitely a social aspect of the game and I don't want to lose that. The first $50 I played I knew half the table.

While it is potentially -$EV for me to help improve the game of the regulars I see, it is also potentially +$EV in that I have seen some players who I have helped play a little softer against me. Also I find that one or two more quality players at a table increases the likelihood of eliminating the unpredictable, less experienced players. Besides, the better the play of my opponents, the more I am forced to improve my own game. Now, someone who is a consistent losing player and does nothing but complain about all the bad beats they are taking, I might give them a pointer or two here or there (like telling them how to see the cards someone mucked), but for the most part, want to keep them a losing player.

Big Business
07-28-2005, 12:59 PM
I read here a lot, but don't post unless I feel I have something to add or tell. I think some people on here that have lots of posts only do it for the fact that so that they can post.

I am down for talking to anyone from here and would welcome and be open about the forum. I have told all my friends about the site, but I wouldnt' broadcast to everybody on Stars or something.

That is kind of a snobish attitude to have and it's not like I am playing in a 10000 SNG or something.

morgan180
07-28-2005, 01:32 PM
NEWS FLASH -- MOST PEOPLE PLAY POKER FOR FUN AND DON'T CARE ENOUGH.

In case you haven't noticed www.twoplustwo.com (http://www.twoplustwo.com) is on about 1 billion 2+2 publications all over the bookstores.

mlagoo
07-28-2005, 01:39 PM
i pretty much never bring it up at a table... not because i care about people finding the place, but just because i don't want people at my table to think of me as someone who puts a lot of thought into poker. obviously, at the $215s, for instance, you can be fairly certain everyone there does invest a lot of thought into poker, so talking about 2+2 doesnt really matter.

so yeah, its not that im protective of it, its just that i dont want my table image to be that of a "good" or "learned" poker player.

junkmail3
07-28-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just me, but I get really annoyed when a fellow 2+2er asks me at a sng or MTT "yabastid, r u a 2+2er?" It's happened to me a few times and granted I only play the 11s & 22s, but what is the point? There is a reason we say "sup bro" or "brown trout"- do I need to elaborate why? I don't know how others feel about this, but I think I am very forunate to be a member of these forums and have this resource. Although I have a long way to go, if it weren't for 2+2 I'd still be a losing player pissing my money away on sng's and MTT's. How many of us would have the successes we do if it weren't for these forums? I would like as few people to know about us as possible- It's much better for my wallet.
Am I the only one feels this way? I would like to hear what others think.

yabastid

[/ QUOTE ]

And thanks to this post, anyone that happens to stumble here by mistyping, the commonly visited www.twoplusyou.com (http://www.twoplusyou.com), or any other web typo can now read this very post and find for themselves that this site is in fact the authority on poker, thus killing my ROI! Delete this post.