PDA

View Full Version : More turn trickery

wheelz
07-27-2005, 10:26 PM
Villain and I know each other well, he's a bit too loose and passive preflop but is a good, thinking, aggressive player postflop. He just jacked the seat beside me, it's not my fault he has position

Online 10/20 Hold'em (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>,

a)Good idea to mix it up here or should you always be betting this turn?

b)If he calls, which cards on the river will you/won't you fire again on?

etizzle
07-27-2005, 10:31 PM
eh kinda hard to believe you would risk a free card here. I would call you down with any pair. So pretty much I dont like it.

wheelz
07-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Well you still may not like it, but I should add he will very close to NEVER take a free card here if he has a draw, and I think he has to realize that I know this by now as well

Any pair? Fine...

etizzle
07-27-2005, 11:05 PM
well its mostly a balance thing.

He knows you cant risk a free one with AK AQ so you should be betting your good hands too (to protect yourself when you do have to bet or are semibluffing), but by this logic if you check you must have trash and he should bluff at it.

which then leads us to this hand.

edit: so maybe i dont hate it, depending on the dynamics of that moment in time. But if someone just sat down and did this i would not buy it.

wheelz
07-27-2005, 11:19 PM
See, that's the thing... he also knows that I can check-raise him like that on the turn with my big hands too, and he's seen me do it to him in the past. We know each other well. But I don't think he knows that I know that he knows...

Anyways, the turn play was inspired by this James282 hand (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=mediumholdem&amp;Number=166446 4&amp;Forum=,,,,,,f4,,,,,,&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=6&amp;Limit=2 5&amp;Main=1664464&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=4794 &amp;daterange=1&amp;newerval=&amp;newertype=&amp;olderval=3&amp;older type=m&amp;bodyprev=#Post1664464) posted in February... it was weird, this specific hand just popped into my head after the turn card, I don't know how I even remembered it. I realize I don't have as many outs, but I probably have a decent number of them here. I thought this might be a good spot for the play, and this might be the right player to try it against. Of course it looks extra suspicious in a 3-handed blind war, but we have a history and he can bet that turn with a lot of holdings.

This might just be going too far though.