PDA

View Full Version : Alright, ML Posting Question

Doc7
07-27-2005, 10:24 PM
I just re-deposited 30 bucks with the sole intention of playing limit poker. I'm working on building my bankroll up following the "Building a bankroll in the Micros" thread. (Made 2 bucks in 600 hands so far, lol) I'm currently in the .05/.10 limit on pokerstars.

I have an etiquette question. If I am admittedly a nano-stakes player, should I stay away from posting what will sometimes be unintentionally wrong advice (In order to get constructive criticism or affirmation) on the .50/1 and the 1/2 game threads? I don't want to post on hands that are "out of my league" so to speak, if that's looked down upon.

ghostface
07-27-2005, 10:29 PM
How can you get better if you never get corrected?

irishpint
07-27-2005, 10:30 PM
i think you ought to post your answer w/out reading what others have said. then read over the post. if you got it wrong, hopefully by reading and asking it will be explained to you. that's what we call a 'grunch'.

welcome aboard.

Doc7
07-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Just didn't want to get chewed out for posting on .50/1 threads when I play at 1/10th of the stakes.

bottomset
07-27-2005, 10:32 PM
there isn't that huge of difference between the games, and go ahead and respond

suggestion though, explain why you would do a certain action, don't just say fold preflop, raise turn etc...

benkath1
07-27-2005, 10:48 PM
The nice part about this forum is you can and should respond to those threads. Like the others said, that is the best way to learn. And don't be afraid to post some of your hands. Just include what you were thinking as the hand played out. If you post a hand and say I can't keep track of things like reads, or pot odds, because I'm playing 4 tables, you wont get much of a reply. You will get sound advice no matter what limit you play. This is the micros. The lowest you can go. /images/graemlins/wink.gif