PDA

View Full Version : Party 10/20, flopped the nuts, all downhill

MrStretchie
07-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif,9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, 2 folds, MP3 calls, 1 fold, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop (7SB, 7 players): 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, Hero checks (mistake?), UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 bets, MP3 calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero raises, UTG folds, UTG+1 coldcalls, others call.

Turn (5 players, 8.5BB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, checked to MP3 who bets, all call.

River: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to UTG+2, who bets, MP3 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

This was just ugly in so many ways. Rather than explaining my thinking, I'll just let you guys tell me what I did wrong. How would you play after that 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif hits?

I am curious about the flop line though. I knew somebody was going to bet if it was checked around, but they were likely to all just call if I bet. *Assuming that read was correct, do you like the line?* I have this instinct that people are going to tell me it's terrible not to bet out, but I'm not entirely sure why. (You're not going to protect your hand from anything it needs protection against and you're less likely to build the pot.) Thoughts?

WillyTrailer
07-27-2005, 09:55 PM
do you have a read on MP3???

because that seems really important in this hand!

-WT

MrStretchie
07-27-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you have a read on MP3???

because that seems really important in this hand!

-WT

[/ QUOTE ]

No specific reads as I just sat down at the table, unfortunately. All I know is that in general it's quite loose (as is obvious from this hand..)

brettbrettr
07-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Jam the flop. Bet the turn. Things play differently from there.

MrStretchie
07-27-2005, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you bet/fold the turn or bet/call it?
And by Jam, I assume you mean bet out rather than check/raise? Can you explain the reasoning?

Thanks,

Stretch

brettbrettr
07-27-2005, 10:14 PM
There's nothing like a check-raise to kill your action. Best thing that could happen here is to get raised so you can three-bet.

I bet call the turn. Then, depending on what's what, I try to see the showdown cheap. Probably not this river b/c it really sucks but, like I said earlier, if you'd come out betting you may have been able to fold out some of the hands that you're now afraid of.

MCS
07-28-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you bet/fold the turn or bet/call it?
And by Jam, I assume you mean bet out rather than check/raise? Can you explain the reasoning?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this wasn;t directed at me /images/graemlins/smile.gif but I bet the flop hoping a bunch of people will call one bet with garbage nonsense zero-out hands. And if you get raised, that's terrific. The checkraise puts people on alert that you like your hand. No real need to do that.

The board didn't coooperate on the turn and river. I think I play them the same as you.

07-29-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Probably not this river b/c it really sucks but, like I said earlier, if you'd come out betting you may have been able to fold out some of the hands that you're now afraid of.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see what is so scary about this river. Surely if someone had a set or two-pair they would have 3-bet it on the flop.

I also find it hard to put anyone on a flush. Surely you bet out/raise on the turn if you have hit it; MP3 bets the turn but folds on the river. UTG+2 may just be betting out on the river because he has made trips - either that or he figures his straight is good. I think hero is at least splitting the pot on the river.

Hmm, just some random thoughts. As has already been suggested though, you probably played it correctly by calling down the turn and river.