PDA

View Full Version : MP

silkyslim
07-27-2005, 09:09 PM
Button is passive fish. Do I raise pf (probably)? Do I value bet river or fold to a bet?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds.

River: (7 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

NobodysFreak
07-27-2005, 09:30 PM
I like your line. Given your read, I'd make the call on the river, but if the guy is real passive (I'd need a sample size to back my decision) I might fold and save myself a bet. I'd raise PF if I knew that I could get the button and the SB (at a minimum) to fold.

eviljeff
07-27-2005, 09:33 PM
raise it pf, this is straight out of SSHE.

against an aggressive opponent, c/c is surely the correct river line. against a passive fish I think b/f. again, straight out of SSHE. against loose, passive players value bet your marginal hands.

Redd
07-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Because he's passive, I'd value bet-fold it. He likely won't raise a worse hand and he'll likely check behind in spots where he'd call.

Shillx
07-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Gotta raise this preflop.

Brad

Deamon2
07-27-2005, 09:48 PM
SSH got here in the mail yesterday, and I just read the section on this

Ive been limping this pretty habitually, but after going over the secion a raise makes more sense here. To paraphase Ed, you've got 2 of the 3 good qualities of a hand; high card strength and suitedness. You give up too much by not raising here.

the rest of the hand is, imo, absolutely fine. I woulnd't do anything different

[edit] bet/folding the river is another option.. I prefer check/call because I don't know all that much about my opponent and am not terribly sure where I stand.

silkyslim
07-27-2005, 09:50 PM
thanks for your "this is obvious" replies. I took a week break and found that I was completely rusty for the first hour. I definately should have raised pf, that was a not paying attention mistake. When checked to i figured i should bet, and continue on turn. River pairing persuaded me not to bet (yes I know this makes no sense!). Against a fish this is a definate value bet, as I am going to call a bet and might as well do it myself.

Buckmulligan
07-27-2005, 09:54 PM
River check is fine and pfr is standard, IMO. I like the check on the river because I think your hand has some good induced bluff equity.

Shillx
07-27-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River check is fine and pfr is standard, IMO. I like the check on the river because I think your hand has some good induced bluff equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not raising KTs after 2 unknown limpers from the CO is pretty bad IMO.

Brad

Edit - Buckmulligan is right. My bad... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Buckmulligan
07-27-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not raising KTs after 2 unknown limpers from the CO is pretty bad IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? "PFR is standard" weren't those my words?