View Full Version : scalf's true lock..lol..and value plays..ncaa bb

scalf
03-05-2003, 08:37 AM
/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif true lock st bonnies +1.5..lol...when those crybabbies forfeit, official score 2-0..lol

play of day..ole miss -1...lsu been super hot, but ole miss matches up well; senior nite with home cookin' cracks the bayou bengals off...gl..big bet

value plays...too many points..lol..
fordham +11, rice +7, seton hall +13...gl

real lock...wait for naj's post..bet his picks..gl all /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Smackdab
03-05-2003, 11:39 AM
Going with alot of action tonight. 4 games. 3 road favs in good spots and 1 road dog. OMG. I must be nutz. All road teams? /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Missouri -1.5 @ Iowa State
Iowa St only 4-9 ATS in conference play. Missouri has had road woes but better team with more reasons to play.

My Selection:
Missouri -1.5 1unit

Michigan -5.5 @ Penn St
Michigan has an 11-3 ATS conference mark and owns a 13 point home win over the Lions. Lions are the Big Ten's whipping boy. They get whipped again tonight.

My Selection:
Michigan -5.5 2 units

Louisville -3.5 @ Depaul
Recent play has given Louisville good value here. Stone just reinstated by NCAA and Louisville tired of being embarrassed. Redemption comes tonight.

My Selection:
Louisville -3.5

A little explanation on this next pick. I watch NCAA games with my 14 year old son. He has become quite interested in my handicapping and I have been trying to explain it to him the best I can. Last night I was placing wagers before leaving to take him to his basketball game. (BTW.....he scored 24 of his teams 42 in a 2 point win last night /forums/images/icons/grin.gif ) As I hesitated on taking the Cuse over ND and finally decided no action he was very disappointed. He thought Cuse was in a good spot against a struggling ND team. While returning from his game we discussed the Wisc/ILL game toinght. Since I blew the chance to take his advice and the Cuse we'll go with his selection on this one.

Illinois +3.5 @ Wisconsin
Wisconsin has one of if not the best overall ATS records in NCAA basketball this year. Also, 12-3 ATS at home. BIG GAME. Big Ten regular season title on the line. We're going against all convention and my better judgement here. "If Illinois gets 3+ you have to bet em dad."

Matt's Selection: Illinois +3.5 1/2 unit LOL

If it wins I'll get him those new T-Mac shoes he's been wanting. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

scalf
03-05-2003, 07:05 PM
smack...seriously, i feel youngsters do not have all the baggage we adults have...and can pick up subltle cues as to who is playing well and improving...ya know the adult says wisky at home..lol, but i am betting with the kid full wager on ill..gl /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

Smackdab
03-05-2003, 07:11 PM
Cool........if it wins you can kick in on the new shoes. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

NajdorfDefense
03-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Xavier 1.15
St Joe's.
I love the Hawks, normally, but not tonite. Xavier driving for that 2 seed, Hawks haven't matched up well against teams that can handle their D-pressure. Gotta love getting juice with Sato and West. X-men for 3 units. ps Risky.

NCSU *1.0
Clemson
Money line again on the small road dog. Even payout. NCSU *needs* this win badly. Clemson I'm just not a buyer. 2 units.

SH +13.5
Pitt
Yes, 3 for 3 road teams. Who made up this spread? I see it's dropping now. Hall is the hottest team in ALL the land. Pitt is dangerous however. But 13.5?? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif 2 units on the Pirates, not Pitt!

Vandy
Kentucky - 17.5. This is a huge line, but this could be a 30-pt game like last time. Vandy just can't stop them on D. Is it Senior night here? Yes - KaChing!! 2 units.

Naj /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

ps Considering Michigan at awesomely bad PSU. /forums/images/icons/club.gif

NajdorfDefense
03-05-2003, 07:19 PM
fading 13-yr old action. Wisky 9 in a row at home. Don't mess with success.
2 units

Smackdab
03-05-2003, 07:21 PM
he's 14 and once I tell his mama our fading him she gonna b*tch slap you. LOL GL /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

WarDekar
03-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Louisville line goes from -2 to -6? Any thoughts on DePaul at home? Both teams have been struggling.

scalf
03-05-2003, 10:16 PM
/forums/images/icons/frown.gif naj, you can pickem, but ya shouldn't had faded the kid..lol..i bet you knopw where to get a good cheesesteak in philly..lol..gl /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

WarDekar
03-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Too bad Hall got smashed /forums/images/icons/frown.gif. NCState covers, UK will cover, Xavier looking like they'll cover... good calls Naj.

scalf
03-06-2003, 12:28 AM
/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif lol..good thing i bet before reading naj's fade of the prodigy..lol...won a good bet; that i'd a lost w/o the wisdom of youth..lol..gl smack..(and the smack jr.)..gl /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Smackdab
03-06-2003, 12:31 AM
Michigan +2 units
Missouri -1 unit
Luisville -1 unit
Illinois..........by game time the boy was worked up and it got the better of me +2 units /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

New T-macs tomorrow. Scalf you kickig in? lol
Tomorrow he picks em all

NajdorfDefense
03-06-2003, 12:35 AM
X and NCSU win money lines - that's 3.45 + 2.2 plus 2 units on Kentucky for 7.65. Minus 2 on SHall /forums/images/icons/mad.gif and minus 2 on Wisc, who was up 7 with under 2 min to play at home and didn't score again /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif. The prodigy gets lucky tonite, I'll take the Badgers with a 3.5 pt cover and 1.30 to go any day at home. Geez!

7.65-4 units tonite, to be exactamundo.

Also liked Col at home, UTenn, LSU, and Wake's Senior Nite and wimped out. ARgh, coulda been 16-4 again!!

Smackdab
03-06-2003, 12:49 AM
Wisconsin made the mistake of trying to milk the clock and then were rushed to get any kind of a shot off. Lucky cover for the kid. He's happy though. Getting them new shoes. He can't beat the Naj in the long run. Went to bed mumbling something about Memphis at -9 or less. LOL

scalf
03-06-2003, 08:16 AM
/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif you the man naj, just that you not the boy...lol..law of irony man..lol...it's clearly not sharp to fade the naj...gl..thanks for your input...gl /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

mikelow
03-06-2003, 11:34 AM
Following the Polish Argentinian from now on.