PDA

View Full Version : Can I blunder flopped straight flush draw any harder?

AceHiStation
07-27-2005, 07:40 PM
Party 2/4, I've shown some serious aggression, preflop raise streaks reaching up to 4 straight hands. Villain is very loose preflop(found out after this hand even looser) and fairly loose postflop. Just wondering how you guys play this, I think checking the turn is ideal but with this type of draw its hard to not be results oriented. I also think I should have potted or overbet the flop. I'm sure if I won the hand, I wouldn't have posted it. Anyways, here it is. Flame away...

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP1 ($400)
MP2 ($122)
MP3 ($550.70)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($341.40)</font>
Button ($612.66)
SB ($66)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($315)</font>
UTG ($407.75)
UTG+1 ($342.50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $4, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $16</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $12, UTG+1 calls $12.

Flop: ($50) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, BB calls $30, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: ($110) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($110) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $110

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 2h Kh (two pair, kings and tens).
Hero has Jc Qc (one pair, tens).
Outcome: BB wins $110. </font>

VarlosZ
07-27-2005, 08:54 PM
With the aggressive table image you describe, I'd probably slow down with the preflop raises and wait for real hand to raise big. As it is, you're opponents are likely to put you on a mediocre holding, which is just what you've got.

Potting the flop is probably best (though I'd usually make the same bet you did). If he calls, you can then safely check behind on a turn blank. The 3/5 pot bet on the flop leads to a tougher decision on the turn. That $30 call could be a lot of things (AT, anyone?), many of which will be pushed off the hand with another big bet.

I don't know what to do on the turn. With your aggressive image, BB could just be looking you up with a mediocre hand, but, equally plausibly, he could have top two or better and be planning to let the LAG jam the pot for him. Or he could just have draw. Again, I think a pot+ sized bet on the flop makes this a simpler decision, as the draw and the mediocre hand possibilities are greatly diminished.

[. . .Checks Results. . .] Ahh. Not much you can do there, though a flop overbet might have scared him off (probably not) . . . even though you don't want to scare off his actual holding on the flop. I dunno.