PDA

View Full Version : milk it a bit more or time to kill the cow?

bluefeet
07-27-2005, 07:12 PM
Mr. MP1 is seeing approx. 110% of the flops....

$25+2 Turbo PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t2400)
CO (t1275)
Button (t1530)
SB (t1985)
Hero (t1320)
UTG (t1635)
MP1 (t3355)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t50, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t125) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks
MP1 bets t150
<font color="blue">Hero ??? </font>

push it now?
raise?
cold call?

DJ Sensei
07-27-2005, 07:27 PM
If he has been known to keep firing at a pot on the turn, call and checkraise a brick turn.

If he'll call a checkraise on the flop with a draw or a T or some garbage, raise to 400ish, push the turn (unless its something hideous like J /images/graemlins/spade.gif)

IF he comes over the top, I think i'd fold unless you know he'll push a flush draw too.

I dont think stacks are shallow enough to straight up checkraise-push it here.

hyde
07-27-2005, 07:41 PM
I love the slow play. It might be my biggest leak. But it feels sooooooooooooooooo good when it works. and while winning at poker feels good.....
milking this particular cow is a special feel good.
and I say you are a very likely winner here.

enjoy it.

please post results. especially if you nailed it, I will enjoy the vicarious thrill.

or were you looking for a statistical analysis of the hand?

lastchance
07-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Depending on whether MP1 will fire a second barrel, I really like DJ Sensei's line.

Other than that, I'd raise it up and push a turn...

durron597
07-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Against opponents who like to bluffraise, lead this flop. Otherwise I like DJ Sensei's line.

bluefeet
07-27-2005, 08:02 PM
wanting to stay on the dance floor.....

Flop: (t125) T /images/graemlins/spade.gif, A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="black"> </font>
Hero checks
MP1 bets 150
<font color="blue">Hero cold-calls the flop </font>

Turn: (t425) 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif</font> (2 players)
<font color="blue">Hero checks (...with pinky raised to corner of mouth "I TOO like to live dangerously...bwhaaabwhaaa")</font>
MP1 CHECKS
"oh [censored]" Hero exclaims

River: (t425) Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets t300
MP1 pooooooooooooooshes all-in
<font color="blue">Hero inserts gun into mouth... </font>

psyduck
07-27-2005, 09:26 PM
slowplay on flop seems fine. however, you should lead the turn for 1/2 to 2/3 pot

david050173
07-27-2005, 09:54 PM
I hate these hands. If he has another ace, you have 3 outs to win and pretty much everything else results in either a loss or split pot. You are out of position which makes it hard to go for a cheap showdown. There is a flush draw out there and a (common)gutshot. And there is an excellent chance your opponent is bluffing. If the turn seems safe you pretty much have to bet the turn with no idea of where you are. If he comes over the top, you have to fold.

I think I would bet the flop here and see if he has any interest in playing. Going for a check raise would commit to many of my chips. If I had AJ/+ were I had a chance of beating a weak ace, I would be more intersed in slow playing.

Why did you bet the river? What hand did you expect to call that didn't have you beat? Your opponent (in rough order) has a flush, an ace, straight, a boat, or bluffing. If you knew how agressive (ie did he limp 100% of the time or was he always raisig) he was you could try and narrow it down. I figure you are at best 20% to win (total bluff or some who thinks KQ or some small pocket pair is good) and maybe another 25% for a split pot ( A9 and under).