PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Betting

07-27-2005, 06:44 PM
I was listening to Howard Stern this week and one of the interns was on talking about how he found a site that has bets for the over/under of box office gross. I tried searching for a site that took bets like this, but only found ones with bets for reality shows and awards. If anybody knows a site that takes bets for movies can you leave a reply to this message.

GrekeHaus
07-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Pinnacle does this occasionally.

kingstalker
07-27-2005, 08:08 PM
WSEX,pinnacle,olmpic all posts odds on box office gross.

tech
07-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Tradesports has them too.

sekrah
07-28-2005, 07:28 AM
Could a theatre owner have a gigantic edge in this bet?

Even if he owned just one, if he's been in the business for years and knows roughly what his weekend translate to nationally.. I would think he could make an absolute killing with this bet.

To elaborate even more.. If somebody spent time researching how much each of his local theatres translates to the national average.

Could he go to the same show at 5 or 6 different local theatres throughout a weekend ($30) and formulate a very good idea of where the number will be at.

I think this could be a very interesting good bet, with the edge in the bettors favor if he did this.

You could turn professional if you could formulate the relation between 4-5 local towns to nationwide gross box office numbers!