PDA

View Full Version : stars $50r

mic_check12
07-27-2005, 06:14 PM
This is the stars daily 50r. About 40 players left, 18 paid, average stack around 22k. I'm pretty sure the button is folding as he's been stealing liberally and folding when played back at, no read on the s.b as just moved to the table. One of the bigger stacks in the tournament. I'm gonna need to double up at some point to make the money but can I find a better spot?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t800 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t39860)
MP3 (t15440)
CO (t18385)
Button (t21498)
SB (t44962)
Hero (t19935)
UTG (t16200)
UTG+1 (t15320)
MP1 (t40575)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t2450</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t44962</font>, <font color="#666666">[i] Hero???????

My thoughts were that I could. I folded and so did the button so I'll never know what he had. I knnew that the sb knew that the button was probably stealing so that widens his hand range. I figured that I was probably against overcards and not an overpair because of the size of the bet. However there was the nagging thought that it could be an underpair to my tens as well. I decided that I had plenty of chips to wait for a spot where I could be more sure. What you reckon?

Chief911
07-27-2005, 07:20 PM
You are 20xBB. I think this is a very easy push. The buttons range of hands he could raise with are VERY large. If we know that the SB is a smart enough player to know this and play accordingly, he could have anything from any two, any PP (But very unlikely AA, KK, QQ), any Ax, any two paint.

I dont think there is any way I am folding TT here.

Nick

KingMedicine
07-27-2005, 07:27 PM
very very close imho. i fold, but im pissed about it.

best case scenario is youre up against 88 or 99 - i cant imagine 77 and down making this move unless youre known as mr weak tight man. and i dont want to rumble with overcards this near the bubble.

mic_check12
07-27-2005, 07:56 PM
I agree I'm ahead of his range Nick but I don't think I'm that far ahead. I'm not lending that much weight to him having any 2. If I know him to be a strong player then maybe but I'm not expecting that much from an unknown here. I'm not scared of the overpair but I really don't think I have a huge amount to gain by flipping a coin. Obviously I'm gonna be delighted if he flips 88 but then I'm not gonna be so happy to see KQ. I was convinced he had overcards.

I have enough faith in my abilites to pick a spot later where I'm gonna be at least 65% if I fold here. I just hate calling off my chips with TT to a raise and a re-raise even though they're from the positions they came from.
2 very different responses so far, I'd like to hear a few more opinions as I really wasn't sure about this one.

Chief911
07-27-2005, 08:07 PM
I think a very compelling case could be made that you are 65% or better here.

Nick